Health anxiety is taking over :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've been experiencing the worst time recently with health anxiety. The thing that's getting time most is leg pain.

Since around Christmas time I was getting really bad cramps/pains in my calf , that of course made me go to the A&E department convinced I had a blood clot. The pain has spread and now in both legs.

Recently cramps have calmed down A BIT but not a lot but I have a new thing - I get flutters/twitches through out my legs.

Everything has raced through my mind - neuropathy problems, my arteries closing, blood clot (even though I have been tested twice and both tests came back negative).

It's really starting to take over, I am snapping and lashing out as I'm panicking about what is going on with my body.

Any help would be great, reading online to people's similair stories makes me feel better as it re assured me that I am NOT dying.

Currently waiting to start CBT classes

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When my legs and feet do that, it is a depletion of magnesium. I use a pure topical magnesium spray, and pain or cramps...gone is less that a minute or so.

Potassium is probable also depleted...fot that, I would use food...more potassium rich foods every day, like bananas and avocados. Look up more foods  on google. (You do NOT want to mess with potassium in any other form unless porscribed by your doctor.) This will build your potassium. The magnesium will work immediately. You'll be okay, Amanda. Hugs

• Posted

Thank you so much for your help definitely taking this on board and have been looking into magnesium spray!

Thank you cia take care x

• Posted

You are welcome...anytime. Just spray a few sprays anywhere. I do upper thighs because being a heavy oil, even after massaging it into skin well, it can feel a little sticky.
  • Posted

Have you tried cia idea of getting some magnessium oil spray! And soraying in theat area and rub it in? I hooe you have been rehydrating as we all discussed previously. The rest is dealing with youe mums cancer and how it effected you in therapy.  Tell the cbt counselor all this so he can workk this thru with cbt so you have a paper with all this on it to repeat iver and over until its accepted by your thoughts. I guess like ocd in reverse to undo this thought. I wish you well, feel good and keep hydrated. You are not dying love, you just need to allow yourself to start living.
    • Posted

The exclamation was suppose to be a question mark lol
    • Posted

Thanks Lisa been looking into magnesium spray going to try my local Health shop before I buy online! At times I feel like it just takes over and I see all my friends out enjoying themselves and really putting the "love life" saying to use lol!!

Then there is me the paranoid wreck!!!

Thanks very much for your comment xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.