health anxiety its killing me

Posted , 3 users are following.

4 years ago i sufferd from an extreme death phobia and i was exactly 18 it was soo bad that i stoped my life activities like i was really dead it stayed with me for a while and i eventually managed to push it aside it bothered me at night and i had trouble slepping until lately i suddenly had a health incident but i was totally okyy i did an MRI and everything and i was perfect fine but my anxiety hit back strong specialy that my cousin just passed away by a brain tumor and she is exactly my (21) now i think i have a brain tumor i keep asking my self if a have a headache until i eventually get one i feel like my eyes are failing me even though i know i need to wear my glasses but i don't im soooo scared i always cry at work and everywhere im sooooo convinced that i have it that i keep thinking that im trying to convince my self that i have anxiety to avoid my brain problem i dont sleep well i always have nightmares and lately a bad headache and jaw ache i dont know what to do ifeel like dieing i wish sometimes i don't wakeup in the morning

2 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I do the exact same thing. I have suffered for almost 18years with health anxiety. There is nothing I can say to ease your fears but I can tell you if you had a c/t or MRI of the brain, you are most definitely fine. Brain cancer is one of the rare ones. I am going through the cancer scare anxiety myself. After going to the DR the second time, I told her everything that hurt, she did a full exam on me she went piece by piece on bloodwork and what counts would be off if there was any abnormalities. That eased the anxiety some, its not gone, but I am functional now. I also, went back on some meds, I take Effexor XR and Klonopin for sleeping. I do deep breathing when I am in a panic attack and I rely on my friends who know I have this disorder. I am now going to find a therapist as well. Please take the time to talk to your dr and see if a mild medication, [anti depressant] may help you. I have been there, will be there again and I feel for you ! It does pass but it may take you a few dr visits , medication and just relaxing. Its a terrible condition to have and many of us suffer. I wish you the best of luck, And, my best advice, NEVER GOOGLE SYMPTOMS
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank u soo much i posted my fears cuz i felt alone it helps alot to know that im not the only one im feeling better but its still hard to go back to daily normal activities but it will all pass my family doesn't let me go to doctors cuz it will never end i just wish i live like normal people anyway i will go to the dr. And about the Google symptoms it kills me my phone is always in my hand and im looking for symptoms but i will stop i know it makes it worse .

Thank for replying

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Try headspace, a guided mindfulness meditation app/site. Look after yourself and try it for a few days smile, you will be very pleasantly suprised I guarentee you.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You sound like me but my anxiety is I'm on propanorolol and I feel like my hearts going to stop beating as they make the heart slower its terrible! Can't get it out my head ! Anxiety is a bad thing that nobody understands unless they have it :-( hope you feel better drop me a wee message if you wanna chat
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Im trying to avoid medication as much as i can cuz once u start that hellhole it never ends. And ya no body gets it unless they are going through it, sure would like that lets chat sometime soom
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up