Health anxiety really bad tonight :(

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm having a bad night with health anxiety. My chest has been really tight all day, when I lean back to relax it just feels heavy and tight. This has me worried about heart attack or angina or something because it can't be normal for my chest to feel so tight all day. 

I've also had weird and horrible pains all around my body. I was woken up on middle of night with a painful right foot and leg. My foot soul felt like it was burning, I had pins and needles, near my toes really hurt and my leg had shooting pains and it felt numb but it wasn't because I could move it and when I scratched it I could feel everything. Those pains haven't gone away & I've also had pains on my side and my back like in the middle. My hands also hurt, just random shooting pains. I've already diagnosed myself with diabetes, carpel tunnel syndrome  and/or gout

I'm just sick to death of having such horrible physical symptoms for absolutely no reason and worrying to no ends about them. I haven't had a panic attack in 2 days but I know for a fact I won't be able to hold one off for tonight :-( 

Wish I could be normal x

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi justine

I had tbose chest pains tightness two nights ago wit bad palps ended up in dr on call but yes it was anxiety attack. Deep breathin is grt n just reasdure yoyrself its nothin serious as tje dr keeps telling me well ur still here! 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi justine 

Anxiety really sucks Panic is worse Heres what I do when i'm bad.

Go to bed, hot water bottle,camomile tea and either hypnotism you tube video or binaural beats for anxiety.I also take supplements to relax Hope you feel better sooon X  

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey justin..... yur symptoms sound like anxiety. But to get your mind convinced that nothing os serious, the best way is to go to a docter and get yourself checked. As you can see all others including me have done this when these symptoms come and then doc assures its only anxiety which helps a lot to clear your mind. And yes dont google your symptoms it will only make you feel worse which is quite baseless. Only afters you are assured by docter you can share your experuence here wih a cool mind. You'll get over it soon.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi there friend!

yes, affirmative, it's a anxiety attack, i have those chest pain a week ago. all i do when that pain kicking, s to lie down and breath slowly. like playing breath in and breath out without overacting it. just give it a rythm.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi sweets, 

I check symptoms online all the time. Each time I find something new - even though all the symptoms I have are symptoms of anxiety, I get scared i have some serious illness. I search symptoms to make myself feel better but it is actually making by me feel worse. It's a vicious cycle. My friend tells me to stop doing that and it's hard - easier said than done, so I wont tell you to quit because when I get the same advice I don't but  I want you to also remember all the symptoms of anxiety while googling your symptoms. Also what I do that helps is Google what symptom I have folled with the word anxiety to see if anybody else with anxiety feels what I do too and it calms me. For example if I have tingly legs i would Google "tingly legs anxiety" sometimes it even pops up in the suggested search box before I'm done typing and that makes me feel loads better because that means it's common. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You are exactly like me in every way i search symptoms everyday on google mainly for reasurrance but its nevee enough and i find comfort in reading other peoples anxiety symptoms knowing its all down to this horrible condition we have, but unfortunatly the reasurrance doesmt last long and im back searching thru google again it feels like a neverending cycle :-(
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I myself have experienced pretty much what you are describing to a T I had a verrrrry tight chest with shooting pains. I drove myself to emergency and waited 2.5 hours to see a doctor and they told me I was having a anxiety/panic attack and that I need to do relaxation excercises. If you are still having these symptoms I reccomend going to the doctor as it provided me with a sense of relief knowing I wasn't severley sick with something. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi there im feeling extremely anxious tonight and experiencing sharp pains all over my body and strange sensations in my legs and arms i also get this sort of ache over my left boob but deep inside i notice i get it alot when i become anxious, i completly understand how your feeling i just wish i could make these feelings go x
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up