Health anxiety ruins ur life

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am a newbie to health anxiety forums , I have had health anxiety triggered off 12 years ago having my son with pre clampysia leaving me with high blood pressure at 37 which I could never get to grips with. Since then have had every illness known to man (in my mind, but with very physical symptoms) from heart attack symptoms stroke, brain tumour, blood clot symptoms, have seen physological doctor and nurses and have told me to repeat calming words ,exercise, yoga which I hated, to break the circle of thought, read, I know what to do but find it extremely hard to put in to practice when in such a state of anxiety. I am now at the moment in a lot of physical pain in the middle of my back, my tongue is sore, I have pain in front of neck but not a sore throat, stomach pain and reflux pain I am sure all caused by anxiety, and takes a grip which it has done will take ages to go away

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh it just takes over doesn't it? I relate to all that u say,even though we know we don't have these things,it very much feels like we do,the symptoms of whatever it is most definitely manifest. I've felt that every sensation means something dreadful. I try to comfort myself by telling myself that if I really did have, then I would be very ill,there would be no debate,I would be I'll in hospital. And I'm not, so I know it's in my head,but that doesn't seem to matter
  • Posted

Hi. 

I completely sympathise with your situation. 

I have the most annoying symptoms everyday! Continuous flicking muscles in both calves, vision issues in one eye, feeling of something stuck in my throat after eating. 

I've seen four doctors and a neurologist whom all say anxiety! Very very hard to break the cycle of symptoms causing anxiety or anxiety causing symptoms! 

• Posted

I too have vision issues, usuallyim obsessed with eye floaters! Lump in the throat I obsess aboutntoo, so much that my mouth dries out and it can be difficult to swallow. Its a terrible thing anxiety and it affects so much
  • Posted

You do think you are suffering alone, I have sumone to talk to an elderly lady who has suffered all her life and she is a very active 68 yr old, she tries to keep me on track but I always end up at gp surgery because my symptoms never subside and with the acid and reflux situation medication is always needed, but I leave it and leave it because I think and hope it goes Away on its own accord. It never does. I'm going on hols soon to Spain and my holiday will be spoilt with my aches pains fast heartbeat funny heads sore neck throat leg back u name it I will have it.  You save up all year to go away to enjoy yourself and you feel ill. It's rubbish my family suffers I suffer and I do enjoy life and laughter have a great family and friends around me but suffer terribly with it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.