Health Anxiety...ruling my life!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 42 with anxiety/panic d/o;also with multiple health issues with symptoms and medically diagnosed ...in fact I have way too many issues for a person of my age...its like I'm in an 80 year old body...I'm constantly worried of the worst regarding my health issues; running to Drs for help; I Google WAY to much and spend too much of my day researching my diagnosis (s) and symptoms. Trying to figure out how to overcome...anyone dealing with this? Any helpful advice?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You obviously do have acute anxiety disorder which is what I suffer from.

Are you on any medication?

I took different pills until I got the ones that stabilized me.

On a bad day I force myself to go out and do things and I know exactly how you are feeling.

I do voluntary work and have told my colleagues I suffer from acute anxiety so that they are aware and they are all very nice about it.

It is good that in this day and age we can tell people as 1 in 5 will have a mental health condition at some stage.

• Posted

I am on medication to curb the panic attacks, but it doesn't help the health anxiety. I'm terrified of the worst and can't redirect my mind....😢
  • Posted

Hi, do you have the right BMI?

I was in your situation 2yrs ago for five years and was getting worse till I changed my diet.

• Posted

Have you checked your hormones? Endocrinologist exam? Health anxiety is a challenge. Stop looking stuff up because most of it is wrong anyway. Rather look up energy healing meditations, or cbt, or ways to think positive. Even with multiole health issues panic attacks arent needed.
  • Posted

CBT did wonders for me and stopped the panic attacks but it is very important to do it with a practitioner that you feel comfortable with or the therapy won't work. 

I think that should be you first move after stop checking things online.

try to take things at an hour a time or less and then build up from there, the better things get. Think about the present only and not the future.

i hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.