Health Anxiety Sufferer - Having sudden, "stab" pains in chest?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but I came across this forum and I'm hoping to get a some help or advice. I've was diagnosed with Health Anxiety years ago and I'm in constant fear that my heart is damaged and I'm going to have a heart attack. I'm 23 years old and not the healthiest, and for the last 3 days I've been having these very short, but vert scary sudden "stab" pains in my chest. They come and go in a matter of seconds, and only in short intervals, like 3 and no more. It happened just this afternoon, but now I feel fine, if not worried. Last Christmas, I went to hospital with the fear that I was having a heart attack. They did two ECG tests on me and both times I was told that my heart was okay, and that it was my anxiety. That was months ago, though and this pain is new. I'm worried that my body is telling me that I'm on the cusp of something bad happening.

I've booked an appointment with my doctors on 20/10/2014 (I couldn't get any earlier :< ) but i'm wondering if anyone else here has ever dealt with this? or, if anyone know's/has an idea of what it could be?

thank you for your time )="" but="" i'm="" wondering="" if="" anyone="" else="" here="" has="" ever="" dealt="" with="" this?="" or,="" if="" anyone="" know's/has="" an="" idea="" of="" what="" it="" could="" be?="" thank="" you="" for="" your="">

thank you for your time>

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had this many times I went to A and E that many times and my docs so many times thinking there was something wrong with my heart now after realising and hearing from others I have accepted my anxiety and realised it's ok. Why do u say your not that healthy?
    • Posted

Hi!

Thank you for your reply. smile

It's a relief to know that other people with anxiety have expirenced this. I felt so alone and scared before. It's still worrying me that something could be wrong because it's a "new" pain to me, but I'm going to the doctors next monday, just to get it checked.

I've had a bad diet for years, sadly. Even though I'm now trying to make things right (eating healthier, exercising etc) I just feel like it's too late, and the damage is done. D: I've been quite stressed recently too, with family and work. I worry that's damaging me, too.

Thank you, again, for your reply!

• Posted

Your only 23 it takes years and years for cholesterol to build up in our arteries to cause heart problems my doctor told me this unless you have an underlying heart condition at 23 your making the right choices to live a long and healthy life please try not to worry and when you see the doctor to cancel out any worries try to remember life is what you make it and worrying takes that away so keep trying to be happy and panic free then eventually over time it wil just come natural it takes time but you can get there, also never never google you symtoms good luckĀ 
  • Posted

Oh and I did have wind that gave me bad pains in my chest but I thought it was something worse lol
    • Posted

I hate that, too! I suffer from acid reflux, which makes my anxiety worse, sometimes. >o
  • Posted

Hello Janghwa,

I have had exactly the same as you this past two weeks & it was feeling much worse at night when i lay down to sleep. I went to A & E with it 2 days ago and they say i have a stomach ulcer or one in my oesophagus. I too suffer from anxiety and i know what you mean when you say the pain isn't like the anxiety however it wasn't helping me stressing out.

Might be worth looking in to as i had no idea this is what it was.

Butterfly x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.