Health anxiety , weird feeling in chest . Scan on liver

Posted , 2 users are following.

my anxiety was good for a week or so , now it is back again as I am going for a scan on my liver next week due to suspected fatty liver from blood results I had before Christmas

my liver function was slightly raised over 2 months (it hadn't gone up just stayed the same )

my big fear is lyphoma , my anxiety gives me ppts of these symptoms

when I was googling last night (I know i shouldn't be ) I came across a post where a lady was diagnosed with lyphoma and her liver function blood tests were high (as well as other thing being high ) and now I am freaking out again

would my lover function have gone up with the 2 tests I had a month apart ??

I also have chest pain , I've read on google once again that lyphoma can cause chest problems like breathing and coughing , I dont have this but I do have a weird feeling in my chest. I know it's probably my anxiety but I always put 2 and 2 together.

am I being over dramatic as usual ?? anyone had slightly raised liver?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I don't have a liver condition that I know of.

You have done the right things. Seeing your doctor and being tested . If you are confident with your doctor then try not to worry about it. It's in his hands and you should calmly let him/ her know of any changes or concerns.

I know that means self analysis , which is a way to build up anxiety . So , chart on a paper ,a diary of your related symptoms and then move on ! Don't dwell on it, trying to guess what it could be . Contact your doctor if it is important (example ;pain increase, etc...) Avoid anxiety by not thinking about it 24/7. but record your condition everyday in a 1 minute report...then

move on !

Anxiety can cause heart pounding and chest pains , dry mouth , lack of appetite, confusion and lack of concentration.

You don't want that while your doctor analyses your test results. So if you can, forget about your liver and symptoms between your diary reports . You don't need to make yourself aware in the back of your mind . You will remember when you write. It isn't easy to forget what's bothering you, so stay busy and distract yourself by learning something that interests you.

Health issues makes us all anxious but we need to trust our doctors and allow our minds to rest. After all, our thoughts are based on guesses and not expert knowledge. Let the experts handle it and keep them informed.

I hope that you feel better soon , and please , try not to worry ! No matter what,

worry only makes life more difficult, so if you have seen your doctor and he's working on it, then you've

done everything possible.

In the mean time follow doctor's orders !

Take care ! .... Stephen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.