Health conscious and worried all the time with my habits I may cause damage?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys

I hope all is well.

i am a 26 year old guy and recently been worrying excessively that with my shisha smoking habit it may lead to serious damage.

i am type 1 diabetic and also on blood thinners for a blood clot i had a few years ago but they r under reasonable control. the issue is that with my addiction to smoking i fear it may lead to life threatening conditions but dont know how to stop.

please help as i am concerned but dont know what to do, thanks for your advice.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Your going to have to find the motivation to stop yourself. To me. I know smoking is bad for the body causing damage on the inside. That's scary. You can stop the damage and live a long healthy life. Read all you can about smoking- that would do it for me. It's just like people who want to lose weight, they find a way and do it!!!

• Posted

Hi I am not sure what shisha smoking is but I stopped ordinary smoking after 44 years last year. I have copd so had to stop. My advice is find a good quit smoking site to help you find the motivation you need and start making plans to stop.

It wasn't easy - in fact it was probably the hardest thing I have ever done but it's so worthwhile. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.