Health ocd

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I have ocd and it change to different types right now is health  sad I get obsessed with everything sad about my health a month ago burned my throat with hot soup I got obsessed with getting a blister or something really wrong like cancer in the future or something  sad  I went to the doctor because I still have throat pain and he spray my nose and look to the throat with a little tiny cámara sad he said is just sinus but I don’t believe it I think he didn’t look far enough to where I burn it at sad and I think something wrong and he couldn’t find out and in the future I will get throat cancer sad please help 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I completely feel your pain. I have health anxiety and ocd.... Not so much compulsion but the obsession part! Right now my fear is on pulmonary embolism. The best thing that you can do and did, is get checked out and just reassuring yourself that they checked. Us that have this disorder are on the constant looking for reassurance that we are ok. . and it relieves it for a moment... Then comes back. Ive struggled so much in NOT believing the docs sooo much that Ive made at least 30 trips to the er this year.... And have been seen by a neurologist and cardiologist. Im soo tired of feeling this way and thinking this way... Its time for a change. We have to change the way we think. It is nice to know that there are millions out there like us and we have support!!
    • Posted

Yes sad is so hard no to give in the compulsion sometimes specially when it come about my health I always want to make sure everything is fine because if I don’t and I get sick later on I will say it was my fault I had that obsession before about the pulmonary embolism I got checked I was fine so the obsesión went away I got check on my throat but I feel like the doctor rushed it and didn’t look far down enough sad I don’t wan to go back to the doctor again I m trying to overcome ocd but then my thoughts say what if ? He didn’t check now I will die from something in my throat sad  yes definitely agree with you we need to beat this monster living in constant fear is no leaving I m just gonna stay here don’t go or call the doctors if anything happen it happene I m tired of ocd controlling me 

• Posted

Hello I also have obsessions with my health and it really sucks. This is been going on for the last 20 years for me now since I choked on an onion and I almost died. It comes and goes when I’m on the right medication. Recently my medication stopped working and so now I am in limbo obsessing over my bloodPressure readings when my primary care doctor tells me the elevation is due to my anxiety. Have any of you found a medication that you feel really helps with this? I have been on Effexor ex R worked great but I think that was what caused my increased blood pressure.
    • Posted

Yes really suck the mind get stuck on this thoughts and specially when something like that happened. rolleyes the mind use our fear against us  I obsess about everything sad I was doing fine with therapy but I been having a lot stress thinking about my sinus and allergies this stress triggers ocd that’s when ocd get bad I never been on medication I always deal with it with therapy and yoga I was doing so fine now relapsed  I wish I can cure this monster ocd anxiety  also cure every person that suffer it is not easy
  • Posted

When I was suffering my health concerns I found these helpful:

- self help book "Help me, I'm a hypochondriac" by Philip Martin's

- CBT and mindfulness

- learning to accept the test results

- not googling

- not body scanning (or reducing it)

- keeping a symptoms diary

- redirecting my what if thought processes and questioning them. Rationalizing and learning not to feed the cycle

Life is full of maybes and what ifs. We make decisions, some goos, some bad. We cannot control what will happen in life but we can control how we think and choose to react to obstacles.

• Posted

Thanks I will look for that book smile I m definitely  hypochondriac I use mindfulness really good but sometimes ocd get so bad I can’t concentrate I really need to learn to accept the result cause I think the doctor is wrong or didn’t look far enough  but he said he didn’t seen anything abnormal in my throat just sinus but I don’t believe him sad or my ocd don’t believe him omg so right about google I need to stop googling everything  I have a symptom diary I need to stop this circle thank you so much I will follow your advice smile I like your message 
    • Posted

You're welcome. I hope it helps. It really is a struggle to get past that wall of doubt but keep at it. It'll get easier xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.