Health Problems and Work causing heightened anxiety/depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Everyone,

So I am just going to set all the cards on the table for what I have been dealing with right now.

1. After two years of stress and worry about things going on with me medically (Migraines, chronic pain, exhaustion, brain fog, memory problems, severe spasms, etc) I finally got a diagnosis of fibromyalgia. It helps to have an answer but I am dealing with a lot of frustration and depression at the fact of how little I am able to do right now while being in constant pain.

2.The job I have been at for 7 years has decided to close their doors in a few months. I am not great with change, it has always been a struggle for me as I have had anxiety and depression my whole life. Now I will have to go somewhere and be around all new people and prove myself all over again.

All this combined is stressing me out a lot and making me feel helpless. My anxiety has been worse and I have been having more depressive episodes where I just want to cry.

If anyone has any advice or just a caring word it would be much appreciatedsmile

Have a blessed day everyone!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am so very sorry. I also have been struggling with undiagnosed health issues. I have been spiralling downward ever since it started. I dont know what to make of it. I have thought it could be fibro, but I have these weird symptoms like numbness, tingling, burning, and head pressure. Its constant and my anxiety about it is sky high. I get so bad and panicky. 

I pray that you will find some sort of peace and strategy for dealing with this. I know how terrifying it can be. 

• Posted

Hello Knives

Life can be a real pain and we are always having to jump over hurdles to keep our head over water.

If you are always in pain that will be made worse by your life uncertainties. Yor condition sounds like Anxiety and with the loss in the future of your job will also cause the additional problem of Stress.

I feel your flustration and your concerns regarding meeting new people to work with, not forgetting the problems of learning new things and different dynamics you are bound to suffer. However you need to understand a new start can be something to look forward to as well as those negative thoughts yo are suffering from. Look at your change as a chance to get away from stale work practices, you have been with one employer for seven years and a change will hopefully be as good as a rest.

When it comes to medication, d you have any medications to take. I know in my case I am allowed to control my dose of medications for pain, I was trained in a Pain Clinic. Discuss your problem although your GP will most probably put it down to Anxiety. Taking AD Medications will take the edge off your Life and this may cause problems as you search for a new job. Try Mindfulness and Breathing Exercises they may help you with your Anxiety

Good Luck with finding that number one job, yo may find this may be what yo need at this time. Remember just because you and yor friends at work does not mean you will not see them again. I would personally, generally expect to keep in contact with those who have been friends in your past

BOB

• Posted

I should have put in the initial post that I have had anxiety and depression my whole life. It's hereditary from both sides of my family. I am currently on Cymbalta for antidepressant/pain medication for Fibro, Buspar for anxiety/depression, and conveniently Depakote for daily migraine prevention but it is also an antidepressant. I have just had a surge in anxiety with things going on. I know a new job can be a good thing the only main thing is I have worked my way up from the bottom at this job and was in line to be the manager, right now I am the assistant manager. But I am working on looking at all the positives that this new opportunity can bring. Negative thinking has always been a struggle for me, one I continue to work on. thank you for the suggestions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.