Healthy anxiety, scared of STD’s

Posted , 3 users are following.

Every single time I have sex (protected or not) I have this fear that I caught something. I start googling symptoms and then convince myself I have herpes or Chlamydia 

So here’s the story, 2 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a female friend of mine (5 seconds of penetration) she then gave me oral to finish me off. Ever since that night I’ve been paying attention to my penis and my head has a spot where it’s verh wrinkly and darker than the rest of my head. Someone said possibly Balinitis but I read balinitis means herpes usually! I have no ulcers, sores, or blisters of any sort, along with no discharge. Burning urination sometimes but my penis gets cold a lot and turns a bluish color, poor circulation possibly? But what does this sound like? Genitially induced anxiety? Or are these symptoms actually worrisome?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You never posted a pic on your first thread, and it's hard to offer advice without seeing what symptoms you think you have.

I don't know where you read that balanitis usually means herpes, but that's simply not true.

• Posted

That just looks like balanitis to me.  

If it s balanitis, then these links may help:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro  ;

(written for doctors)

Washing (with water, no soap) daily, and taking a leak and washing after masturbation or sex will probably help, and you could also try Canesten cream or Daktarin cream.  Loose fitting cotton underwear may help, and some sites recommend washing underwear with non-biological washing powder or liquid.

• Posted

thanks for your feedback. I just have horrible health anxiety and check my genitials 24/7 after sex, protected or not. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.