Hearing voices, paranoia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys I have been suffering with my mental health for years. I started with anxiety from about age 5 and as I got older it just got progressively worse and then I started with depression in my 20s. But more recently in my 30s I have been hearing voices and been having paranoia that people are coming in my house when I'm outside or asleep and poisoning my food or taking some of my possessions so I'm always checking stuff around the house and it often stops me sleeping at night. I'm currently taking Mirtazapine for my depression, it does help with that but it doesn't with my paranoia or voices & it often doesn't help with my erratic sleeping pattern. I reluctantly want to see my doctor but I'm embarrassed to explain my paranoia. If I do see him what will he do for me? Thanks.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi I am sure your doctor will take you seriously as paranoia and hearing voices are serious symptoms. Don't be embarrassed as s/he will have heard all this many times before. Please make the appointment and go. Write down how you feel if this helps and just hand it to the doctor. Get some help before this spirals out of control. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.