Heart attack worriers?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm really curious... How many of you have health anxiety related to heart attacks? It seems like an extremely common issue. I wonder why so many of us immediately look to the heart as a fear.

I'm also curious to know how many of you that do have a fear of heart attacks have a family history of heart issues.. I have no family history on my moms side hardly (grandpa has a fib) and on my dads side, my grandma had a heart attack but she also smoked a pack a day and had no exersise.. I'm really trying to get to the bottom of fears of this. I've had echos, ekgs, bloodwork, ct, xray, all clear.

My biggest issue is relating a fast heartrate to an oncoming heart attack. My pulse is usually around 80, without anxiety meds it's probably around 110. Even though that isn't considered high, it still feels like it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm going thru the same thing for almost 3 years I've done a lot of test Blood work , heart ultrasound numerous ekg,stress test, ct scan everything clear! I still get palpitations fast heart rate , my resting hr ish 85-90 and sometimes jump to 120, a lot of chest pain and tingling spreading to the arm and it's not a single day that I'm not thinking I'm might have and heart atack,knowing that my risk factors ato purity low near 0 said the doc! I have to weeks that I started anx med and this week I will start therapy too! Hopefully all this will be done soon and we can live fully our lifes 😕

• Posted

Its so frustrating! People who have high cholesterol and are at more of a chance of having heart issues seem to worry less than we do! I can't remember the last day I didn't think of my heartrate.

• Posted

All those with health anxiety and new to it seem to have heart attack fears and reality is by now everyone would be dead if it was true. Not the heart. Symbolic maybe. Meta physical maybe.. but it is not the organ of the heart that is ill.

to constantly discuss pulse, heart rates and all that crap is foolish and useless and it is not comforting at all. Its getting off on the symptoms, an addiction. You personally have had more tests done probably then my entire family and my ancestors so accept it all already. Its so frustrating to read because. It doesnt seem like you are working on the mental disorder part if all this. Please, you are young and have your whole life ahead of you, make it one that doesnt include taking your vitals all day long.

• Posted

I dont mean to sound mean it is frustration. I thought you figured this all out a while back but then tou keep posting this stuff and i cant understand why you seek more help to help yourself out of that mindset,
    • Posted

I have to agree upon this subject

It's bordering upon ludicrous and I too, am not being mean when I say Anxiety Site needs help as opposed to this flood of postings which merely make her go round in circles

It's like The Anxietysite Diaries

Revelling in physical symptoms/constant monitoring is downright unhealthy/constant updates new worries and concerns, is not getting anyone anywhere

Professional help is needed here. Therapy. Something, or she will forever be stuck in a vicious cycle

Nobody wants that for her

Neither does she want that for herself

Very sad

• Posted

I think everyone who's new to anxiety and has pain in the chest is going to assume there's something wrong with there heart, I know I did, going to the emergency one time. I had all the heart tests done and I'm fine, sounds like you have as well. So listen to your doctor and don't worry about it. When I get chest pains I just try and zone them out.

I now struggle with tiredness, I have no problem sleeping but just lack of energy. I still work I play hockey once a week.... Maybe I need a better sleep schedule....

Mackie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.