Heart Constantly Skips Beat - 18 year old

Posted , 3 users are following.

im a 18 year old male who has been expeirencing my heart skipping a beat quite frequently. its like when i think of it, it happens. around two months ago i went to a and e for shortness if breath which i realised now was panic from my heart skipping a beat. i didnt realise it then. I did all the common test, ekg, blood test and x ray which came back fine but when they done the ekg i didnt experience the heart skipping a beat which may have provided a false answer. THEY then reffered me to a cardiologist who said it was acid reflux. Now here i am currently scared of going sleep because my heart keeps skipping a beat. PLEASE HELP URGENTLY!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry no one has replied. I get this and yes I have GERD. I have had lots of heart tests and nothing ever shows, I had a monitor for 28 days and recorded everytime my heart skipped a beat nothing showed on the recording so was not heart related. The more you think about it the worse you feel, hard not to but do try. Also wind in your chest can give you flutters and skips. Try some sort of antacid if you were not given a PPI and see if that helps. Take care and enjoy life, you are so young to be worrying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.