Heart palpitations

Posted , 8 users are following.

Been going through peri menopause for 5 months when I'm ovulating or due on period I have bad anxiety and heart palpitations in the night is this normal as I feel there is something wrong with my heart I've had bloods and ECG all normal,I'm starting to get paranoid about this.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes Shatty it’s all normal for menopause ladies. I always get things checked by the doctor first and if tests come back normal I treat it as another menopause symptom. When I started all this it was the heart palpitations and panic attacks first , doctor gave me beta blockers which did help and after 6 months of changing my diet and checking my vitamins and mineral  levels all bloods done privately as my NHS dr won’t this I have felt better . Not 100% but better than I was , 8 months ago I couldn’t drive or go out the front door . I still have my days but at least I can function better 💕

• Posted

I have this too. I posted something similar this week. I seem to have 2-3 days each month where my anxiety and palpitations spike. I’m keeping a diary now so I can track symptoms. It may not help the symptoms, but I won’t worry as much if I can see a pattern. Good luck! 
  • Posted

I have it at those times as well. All worsened due to hormones. Heartbeat goes all "bubbly" and almost in my throat. For no reason. Just random. I also get night sweats (drenches!) The two nights before my peeriod starts. Doctors almost hate saying things are due to hormones. I have no clue why. I did have my heart checked though, so maybe do that first and it might calm your worries.

• Posted

I’ve been having this for about the same amount of time as you! I’m 48 and noticed the heart palpitations in February. I think my anxiety started because of the heart palpitations... it started at night and then into early mornings. I was able to manage the anxiety until June.. i finally scared enough and went to the ER and then onto my general practitioner who checked blood and monitored my heart. Everything was normal and she concluded it was probably just anxiety. She prescribed me with .25mg of alprazolam for panic attacks which I’ve only taken 10 times since that day. It helps knowing they are there and when i feel like i can’t calm myself down i take one and it does make me feel better.  I hope this gets better soon. I can take most of the aches and pains... i just hate the anxiety! Hope you’re feeling like yourself again soon! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.