Heart palpitations

Posted , 4 users are following.

they never go away. im on propananol 120mg a day and they dont touch me. im taking magnesium suppliements for 3 weeks and they havent helped. i get the palpatations worse when i eat and when i lie down. im so fed up. had them consistent since septemeber last year. they have sent me to a cardiology but theu cancelled my appointment as womens on anual leave. i have had ecgs were they have picked them up but never seem worried. i feel like crap daily. as soon as i open my eyes there there. please people who suffer the same please reassure me as my mind just goes overtime and i worry 24-7. i am very aware of them and do think about them all day but i cant help it i just want them to go. im frustrated with it too which doesnt help but i just feel the pause and hicups. i have seen a few posts about them so i know some people struggle bad too. i still work and do what i have do but when im chilling out i feel them terribly and lying down. anxiety is terrible thing guys xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

stress and anxiety can make it worse smoking is what caused mine to start, it used to get so bad I felt like my heart was going to rip out of my chest and i couldn't sleep because of it since I've cut down smoking it has become less the only time I have bad palpitations now when I'm stressed or anxious or I've drunk one to many diet cokes so maybe try looking at what you're doing ie drinking eating to find out what actually causes them or makes it worse try not to worry/get to anxious as this could also be making the palpitations worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.