Heart palpitations and the feeling your gonna have a heart attack.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone experienced heart palpitations through out the day and a fast heart beat that wames you up in the morning. Im going to the doc to make sure its nothing serious but i have suffered with panic attacks and hypochondria forbyears this is just new symptoms.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Palpitations throughout the day yes. Being woken up by tachicardia not unless i had a nightmare which was often smile. Could be panic attacks and/or some imbalance. Maybe you are dehydrated? Or your electrolytes are out of balance. Or a defficiency....sometimes magnesium deficiency causes palpitations. If it were me I would have my blood pressure checked, bloodwork including minerals. Also are you sure you don't have mild sleep apnea? If you snore it is easier for someone to notice and tell you. That could bring on some fast hart rate as a by-product, as you start to wake up and the heart tries to compensate. If it happenned only for a day or three it is probably not serious. If symptoms persist for more than that a doctor would need to check just in case. All the best.
  • Posted

Your doing the right thing getting checked at the doctor

Good Luck

• Posted

I experienced that a few mins ago. I currently have a bad head cold and was laying down. Then i got heart palpitations. It scared me but I stayed calm. I felt it above my left breast close to my center chest.
    • Posted

A bad cold an an axiois person is a torturous mix. I hope you feel better soon. Hot soups, hot showers and a humidifier can always help. Breathing is a huge factor in this and of course it would be. Be careful with decongestants they are basically speed and make the heart race and bp go up. Use foods..horseradish i teaspoon three times a day is great! Its simple too. And vapor rub..or eucalyptus. Hot spicy foods like caynne pepper is useful, yucky, but useful. My family uses horseradish the hot one.it is excellent and a natural decongestant. Keep very hydrated which gets hard when you feel stuffed up and miserable. But its important. Teas will aid in drying up mucos but use caffiene free. Organic honey in tea is great but still have some water with lemon in it as much as you can. Feel better. The first four days and three nights are usually the worst of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.