Heart palps

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone's heart palps get so bad that it's hard to breathe?? I get them at least once everyday and there so frightening I keep thinking it's a heart attack and I can physically feel my heart pumpin out of my chest it's horrible I get dizzy and lightheaded too with them it feels like my throat and lungs are closing up😞😞 help!

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I get them when I'm laying down I feel/hear it inn my ears. It's from anxiety. Try to cough or clear your throat when it happens. This is what my cardologist said. Check your BP and lay on your back with one hand on your stomach the other on your chest and breath in nose out mouth slowly.. 
    • Posted

I have a machine. Any walkin clinic or er will check it for free. I know it's anxiety thou. Yes it's very scary 
    • Posted

You can also lay a ice back on your neck helps with tension and slows the heart rate down. 20 min an hour 
    • Posted

When checking our bp wat exactly are we supposed to look for. I check mine by risk if it's normal.
    • Posted

120/70 is great but mine runs 138/76 as long as the bottom number stays below 100 its ok. Like 160/125 is high but anxiety can make it high.. Gotta do breathing exercises and try to focus on the TV or play music or read.. 
    • Posted

Ok thank u very much. Yea mine is either 70domething to 60 sometimes or even 80 so I never knew which one was fine. Thank u
  • Posted

yes i get this, i also get a choking feeling as if i cant swallow properly - its frightening to the extreme
    • Posted

My ent doctor said it's globus and its from anxiety.. it's the feeling of something there when there's not. My gets worse if I drink milk.???
    • Posted

yes thats it, i went to ent and theres nothing in my nose or throat, but jeez doesnt it feel just like constant lump??! its horrible.  Yes milk and chocolate make mine worse too.  One thing ive found that works is crying lol if i have a big cry - which happens often sometimes, then it really clears it.  Its purely a phyical tightening of the throat muscles due to an emotional response, but once i fixate on it - it never seems to go away
    • Posted

Yes mine to.. it's an awful feeling. When I lay down it seems to relax my throat. We all gotta help each other get better.. ❌❌❌
    • Posted

i find im almost always in a panic because im constantly waiting to feel it - its so disturbing. i try to look at it as - ive had it for months and its never made me choke or got worse - its always the same - therefore its nothing. which it isnt, but it sure does feel bad
    • Posted

it sure does, talking helps as it helps relax the throat - if ure in the uk breathing space is a great place to call if things feel bad, they really are helpful. im sure there are other such numbers in other parts of the world
    • Posted

It's so annoying I'd just be sitting there next of all my heart starts racing feels like I'm suffocating
    • Posted

Yup very common but of course we always think when we get it ourselves that its the most serious thing ever - and boy its the most distressing thing I've ever had it really is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.