Heart palps

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone's heart palps get so bad that it's hard to breathe?? I get them at least once everyday and there so frightening I keep thinking it's a heart attack and I can physically feel my heart pumpin out of my chest it's horrible I get dizzy and lightheaded too with them it feels like my throat and lungs are closing up😞😞 help!

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had unexplained palpitations for 7 years, until last year they were finally caught on ECG and explained to me to be ectopic heart beats. These are basically a faulse signal from the brain telling the heart to beat. These are harmless and I used to find I got them worse when I didnt know what they were and the panic and worry made them so bad. One time I had one every 20 seconds.... Now I know what they are and understand they are harmless and also understand that I only seem to get them when anxious they have started to faid over last 6months. Cardiologist said in most cases the they do eventually dissipate.... This may be same for you, I also used to go very dizzy and light chested....
    • Posted

Really?? Yeah I've only started getting them bad the past few days and today there very continuous and it's annoying especially because I do dancing which I train a lot for and I'm afraid now that they'll get bad while I train and I end up passing out or being sick😞 
    • Posted

I play rugby and keep fit.I though same but cardiologist explained you can not get ectopic beats (heart palpitations) during intense exercise. It is true as when I have a bad episode I go do a 3mile run and they disappear, and stay gone for a long while.  Exercise help me chill and seems to de-stress my body.... See doc and get an ECG to put your mind at ease and keep fit... 
  • Posted

Yep i suffer from this but it wakss me frim sleep and my heart flyin n thumping ourt of chest dizzy need to do poop!  Juz horrendous im sick n tired of it buy good t no we'renot alone 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.