Heart palps in middle of chest

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone get heart palps in middle of chest?feel like someone is sat on your chest and it goes through to your back? I feel like there's something seriously wrong today. Pain under ribs too 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yea!!!!today i had wierd things with my chest,shoulder and back when I breath.
  • Posted

Youtube have a lot of relaxation music and soothing voice to help with anexity I listen to it everynight as I'm going to sleep
  • Posted

I  have had them, its the adrenaline because you are anxious.  Do you get breathless as well?
  • Posted

Dear kirsty,

I am sure you are just suffering from anxiety, you might even find that at certain times you heart beats in an irregular manner. Don't worry about this it's just another symptom of anxiety disorder. I feel it in my decending colon, the pain can be anywhere because there is this thing called " refered pain " which means you get some pain or unpleasant sensation in an area away from where the real pain originates.

Your heart beats in an unusual manner because you feel anxious about something but you feel pressure in the centre of your chest. I know this is correct because my GP explained it to me but I still find it very strange.

Stressful situations affect us in all sorts of ways which make us feel more anxious.

The only way to deal with it is to sit down and relax, take some deep breaths, and try to imagine a situation which makes you happy.

We need to reprogram our minds to cope with stressful situations

I hope this helps you in some way

Best regards

robert

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.