heart palps---pvcs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anxiety wise I have been doing better on 10 mg celexa. I went on celexa for anxiety and heart palps. This past week has been horrible with heart palps! Had them tested a year ago and a echo done but was told they are benign and heart is fine--just stress. Last night they were bad and I even woke up with them throughout the night and still this morning. Anyone else deal with these? Haven't done beta blockers cause they said anti-anxiety meds would help. So tired of them! Any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mama

I was getting these a week ago, waking up in the early hours with them. I put it down to changing my med dose and increased anxiety. I looked it up on line and came across something very interesting. Apparently studies have been carried out and palpitations tend to happen more so for people who sleep on their right side. They do occur if you sleep on your left side but not so much. The best position to sleep if you are prone to waking up with them is on your back. Now this may just be a coincidence, but when I was waking up with them I was sleeping on my right side. I started laying in bed on my back and with my upper half slightly elevated because I hate laying flat and I haven't woken up with them since.

I too have had heart palpitations in the past and had an echo and 24 hour heart monitor and all was ok.

It may be worth trying☺

• Posted

Thanks. They were a little better last night so I could at least get some sleep which does help. I will have to try the sleeping on the back thing more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.