Heart racing

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi does anyone think that they heart keeps them awake while racing or it doesn't..I just wondering what makes me stop drift off first thing at night.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have had this but if I breathe deeply it slows down. I get more a slow heartbeat though with feeling of missed beats. Have had ECG now waiting for a 24 he monitor. Today walking round Sainsbury's felt a massive thud in my heart. Frightened the life out of me. Good news is though., took my period today so my the horrible fuzzy head and feeling of falling over has eased slightly. Hope you get a better night sleep tonight 

• Posted

Hi Maria ... it takes me 2/3 to get to sleep at nite and that’s every nite, so not till around 1 in the morin, then of and on till 5 then that’s it, no more sleep, this as been going on now for 2 yrs, Iv put it maybe down to the menopause, but who knows...

And yes I’m awake with feeling my heart thumping some times, last nite at 3 in the morin i was testing mt pulse as felt my heart had stopped for a min 🤣 how stupid is that...  doc gave me two weeks of sleep tablet ( wow ) they worked great, but as soon as I stopped I was back to bad sleep again, so waste of time that was, as all it did is show you how much sleep your missing.. so yep your not aloan.. big hug 🤗x

• Posted

HI dawn, I had that like my heart stop and I think I check to see if still beating I think because it thump race so much it calms down quietly nothing stupid about it want to scare us..my doctor wouldn't give me nothing for sleep so, my friend sent me melottin supplements I need to get a bottle of them, it is Meno Anixety doing to us to many people in the menopause can't sleep either, before this crap I was fine no problems with sleep even when I'm stress I still drop off better then this, people say there is light at end and believe you me each day I look forward to that day,I have went through more then this in the beginning and forgotten those symptoms so we will be fine, are still in Peri or post because if you are in Post your heading to feeling better HUGS xx

• Posted

Hi chic.. yep I use to sleep well, but so bad now, the doc said can’t keep giving me sleep tablets as can get addicted. But for ME I don’t care all I want is to sleep, and the longer I’m awake I start to get agitated, and kick feet around in bed, good job I live on my own, as with this crap the menopause I think I’d prob have killed them by now 🤣... 

so what is this med your going to get for your sleep? Is it some thing you can get from a Chemist or some where like that? As I’m will to try any thing just to be able to sleep😫

Iv been in the menopause for 4 yrs now, my doc did a blood test a few months ago and said I was defo well in to it, my last period was March this year so I’m hoping it will stay that way, even tho I seem to get all the dreaded symptom every month, belly swollen, mood swings, and just the feeling I’m going to start a period, just so hope I don’t, as want to be out of this one day, and hopefully claim my life back if that’s possible... hope you get a better nite sleep chic, big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Hi dawn are you in the UK..I will tell you the brand from my other friend if they allow on here to mention things like this..how do you message people on here not so familiar with this site apart from posting..I'm like you love my sleep I can't stay awake with this crap I keep thinking about it and my heart going 90 Lol, we all wishing for ending to long for me about time the body stablize 

• Posted

Did the Dr ever give you Hormone testing 
    • Posted

Yes Maria I’m in the uk, where you’ve posted a message say to me, at the top next to my name there should be a little envelope thing, click on that and it will allow you to send me a private message if need be.. cheers chic 🤗x

• Posted

All I had was the blood test to see if I was going through the menopause, so not sure if same thing or not, and if I’m right is there some score thing that tells you if your in the menopause or not ?? X
    • Posted

Well my FSH last year was 99 Dr's said high what ever that means menopsal 

• Posted

I'm trying  to find out the exact bottle of melottin tablets for you ok

• Posted

Ok chic thank you... my doc never said how high it was just that I was well in to menopause and that if my period stays off for one year I’d be through it ? So hopefully if true soon be there, knowing my luk I’ll get to 11 mth and start again 😩xx 

• Posted

Well. Hoping mine don't come I'm 12 months in a few weeks time I'm 55 years old time to Stoppppppppppppppppppppppp although the crap sticks around can't wait if the flashes and heart calm down and I start sleeping I think I would be laughing..do you get Anxiety frightening symotoms 

• Posted

Hi Maria I know what you mean, be glad when it’s all over with. I’m 53 so get till April and hopefully all done, well can hope it all stops and be some what normal ... do you mean thinking some thing is wrong with yourself? Or some thing horrid going to happen, as I do get that, and never had this b4 the menopause... I had my grandson for first time over nite, he’s 18mth and I didn’t sleep at all as scared if I went in to him and he had died 😧, soooooo bloody stupid, Iv brought my two girls up and never felt like that, y does this do that to us now? So hope it all goes back to normal at the end of this crap, or is this just life from now on, I don’t know 🤗xx

• Posted

Hi dawn, still can't see envelope in corner to send message.

• Posted

Hi Maria and everyone here. I was once a very good sleeper and went through life dealing with things as normal. However at the age of 48 I feel like I’ve been taken apart and put back in the wrong places lol. I don’t sleep and if I do sleep it’s in 2 hour instalments and in the morning my heart rate is banging away and I feel like I can’t breathe so I get up even though I’m absolutely shattered. I feel anxiety times a million in my stomach and I’m shaking. I get heart thuds when I’m out and all I want to do is get myself back to normal. I’ve had 24 hour ecg and all is ok so I know it’s the perimenopause. My periods used to be once every 4 weeks but now 3 weeks so the week before is more often now too which makes everything worse. I feel as f I’m going insane!!! At least I’m not alone with it. 
    • Posted

Me too dizwap, yes me too good sleeper crap sleeper now,never mins we will fight it all together.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.