Heart racing

Posted , 8 users are following.

last night i have been experiencing the worse heart racing of my life. i dont know how to describe it, it was so wild, every now and then it was beating out of sync, very fast and i have to cough. i couldn't sleep last night. i thought i am going to have a heart attack and this crazy heart beat continues this morning. it is so scary, please tell me this is normal, i am 50 and my period stop a year ago.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I get that on occasion...as the matter a fact, last Tuesday night. I only got about 3 1/2 hours sleep and had to work the next day exhausted. I slept peacefully about an hour and then woke up with my heart racing/hot/nervous. It was just about impossible to sleep. It lasted most of the night.

It's what I know as hot flashes - it is very upsetting when they happen at night. The rest of the nights this week I wake up soaking in sweat but am able to sleep through most of the night.

Last month when I had the racing heart all night long, I went to the doctor and she wanted me to wear a heart monitor for 48 hours to see if I had "afib" - I didn't following through with the tests because of the cost.

I am almost 53 - still have my period but started into perimenopause when I was 45 and that's how peri started for me......racing heart all through the night.... it was up to 110 bpm and didn't slow down much. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

What I have found that helps me is soy isoflavone supplements. Check with your doctor first to make sure that would be safe for you. I don't know what other conditions you may have. I used them for years and it stopped all the heart racing until recently because I quit taking them at the beginning of the year thinking I didn't need them anymore. I guess I was wrong.I just started back on them a week ago. Take a few weeks of regularly taking them to get things balance out for me.

• Posted

i didnt have the hot flushes when i am having fast hb, i didnt feel dizzy also, my case is just suddenly heart beats out of sync for few seconds and after a while it happens again, it has been like this since last night. i do know that i am in menopause state at present , i have all sorts of other symptoms but this funny heart thing scares me a lot. i believe is one of the symptoms amongst the 66, am i right ? i am going on holiday in 3 days time, i am so scare that i may have to cancel my holiday.

• Posted

Good Morning Yuen,

You should have your thyroid checked. An out of whack thyroid can also cause heart racing among other symptoms. Of coarse the fluctuating hormones that all of menopausal women have can also be a factor. best to rule out other problems before blaming on menopause.

• Posted

yes - best to check with your doctor if you are not completely sure of the cause. Many things can cause a racing heart. I can only tell you what has caused mine. Maybe you can get an immediate appointment with your doctor before you go on holiday?

• Posted

My heart for last 2 s days feels like its skipping beats and I feel like not breathing. Feels real weird. Anyone else?? Was feeling somewhat ok. Til. Yesterday then that started

• Posted

YES I'm 51 and also have experienced rapid heart beat. feels like my hearts going to jump out of my chest. went to Dr appt. she said stress and anxiery which was news to me as I'm very happy n content. I too sweat afterwards or during then it goes away. I feel fine otherwise. I'm thinking menopause. non smoker. thyroid fine. hope this helps. I take no meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.