Heart racing in middle of night?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anxiety non stop the past two days.. Have that pain in arm/shoulder/jaw/chest that'll come and go within 10 seconds, feel like I can't get a deep breath, and constantly checking my bpm. Then last night I remember having a dream and I woke up with my heart racing.. It had to be over 100, no doubt about it. Is this normal? I've never woken up with it before and now I'm scared that it's yet another problem. I'm going to the doctor today for an unrelated issue, but hoping they can give me the full physical so I can calm myself. Somebody tell me I'm not dying??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

*I have had bloodwork and EKG within the past 3 months so I'm assuming its not actually wrong?*
  • Posted

Your not dying check with your doctor when you see him today.

Breathe from your belly

Stay Strongbiggrin

• Posted

You can wake up with it. you are not dying. You are a bit frazzled. Sometimes when these panic attacks recycle more then a day it makes the body more jumpy and sensitive then usuall. But at least it seems they are mini attacks and go fast. Have you looked into cbt classes? Google cognitive behavioral therapy sessions and your zip code and see if any are in your area. At least you would have some tools and skills and then it wont really scare you as much. It is still annoying when it happens but better without the added fear level.
  • Posted

You definitely can wake up with it I've just woken now with what felt like a fast racing heart beat turns out my bpm is like 53 so now I'm even more scared if it's going fast got more chance of it been anxiety hun
  • Posted

I get the same thing. I sometimes wake up with my heart racing, and with heart palpiations. I feel like it's hard to catch a breath; it's like my chest is constricted. Sometimes my throat feels like that too, and it feels like I have a lump in my throat... sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.