Heart rate annoying me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had anxiety for 3 months generally has got better but my heart constantly pounding and i can just feel it even when im not feeling anxious. Been to a cardiologist and said heart is healthy no problems in blood tests either. Constantly worrying that my heart rate being 105 ish is damaging to my heart. I take propananlol every day and 90% of time i feel fine but i worry that after i finish taking them things are just gonna be worse. Anyone else have this issue?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

A 105 heart rate is not going to damage your heart. it’s just caused by the adrenaline that is put out during anxiety. There are people with much higher heart rates due to anxiety. when you feel your heart pounding and you say you’re not anxious, there is an underlying anxiety that you may not feel or be aware of. what you’re dealing with is extremely common with anxiety and stress. A good idea would be to learn how to manage anxiety way before you come off the medication, that way you’ll know what to do. A counselor can help you with that. You’re going to be OK. Just do things that relax your mind and body on a daily basis. Get some exercise, enjoy your friends and family, do you things that will make you laugh and smile. Take care

• Posted

thank you for your reply, i definitely think the majority comes from sitting at home due to lockdown.

• Posted

When you release adrenaline, this adrenaline can linger in the body keeping your heart rate up even after you feel calmer.

When I was at my worst it would feel like my body would just constantly pump out adrenaline. I became so sensitised that I could never feel completely calm, my body was just conditioned to keep pumping me with small amounts of adrenaline that kept me on edge.

You should manage the anxiety naturally and come off the propanalol unless you feel like you need to take it.

I feel medication just puts a pause on the anxiety, it doesn't resolve it and should only be used in extreme cases. I'm not judging your condition as I don't know how bad you are but you should taper off the medication if possible, that is when full recovery will occur.

hope you get well soon 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.