Heart Surgery Or Stents? The Big Question

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi folks, I am delighted to be able to join this group and it is so helpful. I seek a few andswers some of you may know the answer to. Here goes...

I suffered a heart attack(STEMI) 5 years ago whilst clearing snow and was taken to hosp and fitted with a stent. The pain releif was immediate and I had no problems after that for 5 years...then all of a sudden I felt dizzy and disorientated whilst standing up talking to my wife and my heart was pounding! Ambulance came, A&E showed raised Protonin levels and I was angiogrammed next day and a second sten in artery number 2.

History repeated itself a year later and stent 3 was put in another vessel.

Since the insertion of the 3rd stent I seemd to have developed frequent unstable angina out of the blue!

My attacks are no daily and more common throughout the day. Again into angio for an angiogramme, nothing untoward noted. Diagnosed with unstable angina (what a surprise).

Here's the question at last that I need answers to from you folks.

I am 57, slim, non skoker for 8 years. I changed my whole diet but in fairness I could do more excercise BUT suffer from mild anxiety attacks I control menatlly... so no biggie.

I am now scared of having another 'episode' requiring a stent which seems inevitable. It seems to be just a quaetion of time. I am now more breathless even after short walks and mild excercise... yet they say my stents are patent.

Q: If I ask for and get a Bypass and triple bypass at that- will the unstable angine be history and set me back onto a steady life with job prospects- I currently lost my job but have not yet claimed benefits in UK.... since my wife works I would get very little.

I look forward to hearing some thoughs here. Thanks in advance.

Jon

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

PS Sorry about the typos ...beginner's nerves :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.