Heartburn and sickness everyday

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, I'm 25 years old and I've been struggling with heartburn for about a year now. At the start it was every now and then, It wasn't a big deal. I was put on omemprazol and that seemed to work, couple of months later I started getting it again but more frequently (maybe once a week) but this still I was vomitting. My Dr put me on a different tablet and again, all seemed well. But for the passed four months now I've had heartburn everyday and it's awful. I'm vomiting most days, pretty much 30-40mins after eating. My Dr has even put me on the highest tablet esomoprazole I'm sure it's called. I take gaviscon all the time on top of this. Recently there has been blood in my sick too. It's getting to the point were I'm sitting in uni and having to run out bc I'm instantly going to be sick. I've tried eating small and often, making a food diary, bland foods etc etc. It's just driving me crazy! Has anyone else had similar symptoms? And if so what was the outcome? I'm desperately wanting it to go away, sometimes it's that sore I feel I can hardly breathe, not to sound over dramatic!

Any advise is much appreciated.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma. For me it's been 10 months. Same story had heartburn here and there then it became more frequent then I would vomit. Now eating anything makes me feel awful. I take zofran for my vomiting but I feel like throwing up 24/7. I just started taking nexium today. I'm starting probiotcs, aloe juice and digestive enzymes . Do u have any anxiety or stress issues ? I think that is what triggered mine and my diet. I ate a lot of fruit, tomatoes, protein, citrus. now anything I eat makes me wanna hurl. I am 25 years old too

• Posted

Hello. I hope you're feeling better... This is so True-Reflux is a miserable thing to have... I awakened the other night because it felt as though I'd swallowed the lighted end of a cigarette... My throat also feels as if it's literally cracking into pieces... It is NO JOKE- this unwanted and unappreciated disease... That's why I make sure a waste container is ALWAYS nearby... I've taken a s half teaspoon of Baking Soda-dry-when incidents such as the burning throat occur... It quickly tamps out the acidic reactions... Take care of yourself...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.