Heartrate and heat?

Posted , 3 users are following.

And I'm back! Today was hot here.. 86. We don't have air conditioning, so you can imagine how hot it was.. I was fine until I noticed my son was laying on me and my HR was pumping fast. Now my breathing is short and fast and Ive convinced myself that's a really bad sign. Why is my heartrate so high today? Ive been in front of a cold fan for two hours so I'm not hot. And Ive been keeping hydrated. I saw a doctor yesterday. Said my EKG didn't require immediate attention so they told me something else must be causing my chest pain, and told me it would be a 5 hour wait. She said I could just come back if the pain got worse because the doctor said it wasn't my heart.. Why is it so fast? Also while in the doctor, I saw my heartrate go from 74 to 86 then back down to 72 within 15 seconds. Is that normal? It was when I was telling her my symptoms. I'm terrified to sleep tonight. I don't think I'm anxious.. Just a long day and now I'm giving myself anxiety.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Don't know about the heat aspects of this but I do know anxiety in itself can cause rapid heart beat..when you start feeling anxiety do you sigh.. or breath in really fast? Like of something were to scare you.. if so this automatically triggers your fight or flight mechanism..and that caues a very fast increase of your heart rate.. sounds strange and sometimes when we are anxious we do this without knowing..and I didn't realize that when I start having a panic attack I do this. it's hard to catch yourself but proper breathing can help slow the heart rate..it's important to only breath through your nose and try your best not to gasping for air even when you feel as if your not getting sufficient air.. anytime a small thought gets in my head something slight or big is going wrong it triggers a panic attack.. being hot and having your heart beat faster could start to trigger anxiety and then it escalates from there..out minds run wild..if your ekg was normal I'd say your heart it probably ok.. heart rates can be fluctuating from high to low fairy quickly especially when we are scared..
  • Posted

anxiety can yoyo hr and bp a lot.everytime i have gone to an urgi center for being sick its high, then i go to my own doc its fine. I take it home. it higher. It yoyos and is driven by anxiety. You are scaring yourself. This one thing to not focus on cause it will play mind games with you. I have this really high pitched tinnitus thing going on a couple of days  its starting to bug me so i know what you focus gets bad. I know it will go away within a day or two so i have to stop focusing on it. Anyway It cools at night so the temps will be nicer. A nice strong fan works well. You can even get two of the fans going to ventilate the room. We are just entering warmer weather so it will quite few months before it cools down again. 
  • Posted

I can relate to the heat delaina I know when i go abroad as its never that hot in england and its particually hot I get palpatations and a fast heart rate and I have to come out of the sun this has happened to me three times now once in turkey and twice in spain at first it was really scary but now im just more aware of being out when it gets to hot and for me i know it is the heat and i believe when you were telling your doctor your body is manifesting the symptons because your mind is telling you im in front of the doctor and she needs to know whats going on and because you are thinking about them. this has happened to me a lot because it got to the stage where i was waiting for the next palpatation so my body was producing them. I was constantly checking my pulse and when i was lying down they the palapations and the heart rate were ten times stronger. this is because my mind is telling my body that i have them. It is a horrible horrible experience but if she says your ecg is fine turn your negative thought into a positive and say "my heart is completely fine" its anxiety creating this problem. I hope this helps a little x

• Posted

Both of these girls are right delaina and this page isnt "google" like other people on here they have gone/going through anxiety to vaying degrees so they/ I are experts if you like in these symptons as everyone has gone through them and I believe unless you do go through them you dont totally understand its not like a broken leg/arm where you can see it its within the mind which is a very powerful tool if you look at whats been written you may be able to take reassurance that its "normal" symptons of the dreaded anxiety process.
  • Posted

Another thought is that while in a doctor/hospital setting your stress and anxiety levels are more likely to be elevated.

For instance, last time I was at the hospital I was explaining my symptoms to the doctor and my HR was 126! I'd been sat on the same bed for 2 hours, so I couldn't blame it on any sort of exercise or movement or anything. They took my BP which was relatively low, then moved me into another room and within that 5 minutes of moving from one room to another my BP had shot up to a crazy high level.

None of the nurses or doctors seemed worried though, they just put it down to anxiety and said they'd keep an eye on it throughout the night while waiting for my results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.