Heavy bleeding

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 5 days post op myomectomy and started bleeding 3 days ago(my cycle is due around this time). However, the bleeding is so heavy, like I've never seen before. Is this normal?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey I am 1 day post op mymectomy still in the hospital bleedin also but that's because my period is due around this time but if you are bleeding alot and it looks like it not letting up you need to talk to your doctor or go to the hospital but based on what the doctors here stated in might be your period along with that fact you just had your surgery so that maybe the reason your period seems a lot heavier however your next cycle should be much better all the best

• Posted

Thank you sooooo much!!! I'm glad you were able to ask them that question especially since my doc hadn't responded yet. I'm wishing you a safe quick recovery. My advice at day 5- take it easy.

• Posted

Your most welcome but please keep watching if the bleeding doesn't let up go to the hospital because my bleeding has let up some what and is not that heavy anymore wish you a speedy recovery also

• Posted

I hate the idea of having to go to the hospital but I will continue to monitor it. This is Day 3 , I will see what happens by Monday. Thanks again!
  • Posted

call you doctor. 
    • Posted

Thanks Kim! He finally just called me back and said it could be due to a temporary change in my cycle. I will visit him on Tuesday. He also told me to stay off my feet, no lifting, no going up and down my stairs etc.. basically told me to relax. I'm glad I was able to speak with him, makes me feel a bit more calm. Hopefully it will slow down before my visit. Btw- I'm grateful for this forum, it's comforting to know I am not alone.

• Posted

Yes the forum did help me through out my open myomectomy still standing the hospital just finished bawling my eyes out don't know why I was crying and in a panic should be discharge tomorrow if all goes well after all I lost 1.5 liter of blood and yes I still feel like crying just don't want the nurses to come rushing to my aid

• Posted

Allow yourself permission to grieve, it's ok to cry. I did not cry of fear from pain near my incision area. I'm day 6 post op and bleeding has stopped. Although I feel better, I still have burning feeling near incision and my Doc decided it was best I stay off my feet for a while. Give yourself time to heal emotionally as well as physically.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.