Heavy bleeding after implant removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I recently got my implant removed as scheduled after 3 years, the very next day my period came and it is extremely heavy, when the implant was in I would have cases of spotting but nothing heavy at all, this however is completely different, I am using tampons and pads and having to change every 1-2 hours as they are that heavy, there is also alot of big blood clots (that sounds so gross but need to be honest!) should I be worried or contact my doctor? Looking to see if anybody else has had a similar situation.. my close friend said she also had heavy bleeding but when I advised her of mine she said it wasnt as bad as that! I'm freaking out! Any advice? Thanks! X

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

alot of people experiance heavy bleeding after being on the pill or implant its just the uterine lining shedding as when u dont have a period for sometime the lining gets thick thus results in a heavier clotty period u can also get big chunks of tissue aswel its nothing to worry about it should start to taper off a bit but the first few periods can be alot heavier than wat they would normally be

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.