Heavy eyes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all! I’m new here.  I’m in week 4 of 20 mg of Fluoxetine. I take it around 7:00 every night. 

Have any of you experienced heavy eyes, sleepiness during the day? My eyes feel heavy almost all the time. 

For those of you who had heavy eyes, did it let up? All my other side effects have gone away except this one. I hope I don’t have to put up with this just to get the other benefits. 😔

The effects of everything else has been life changing, amazing and awe striking. I’m so grateful!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI I am on day 15 ,10mg, I am struggling with bad anxiety at the moment , not being able to sleep at night, as keep falling into bad dreams, how was your first 2 weeks, also no appertight, not even wanting to eat, and a coldness around stomach , please let me no thank you
    • Posted

Hi there! The only side effects I experienced were tightness if chest 2-3 days), increased anxiety (5days),  tossing and turning in middle of night (about 10days)  and some shaky sort of vibrations in the middle of the night (3times). All side effects disappeared by day 10ish- except heavy eyes. 

I took the advice on here that said hang in there... it’s suppose to all even out. For some it takes a few months. 

The tightness of chest was a bit difficult but I’m glad I kept going. 

I wouldn’t compare. Everyone is so different. 

Hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.