Heavy feeling perenium and inside

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there,

I am 9 months post op for anterior/posterior repair vagina and hysterectomy,

with no problems thankfully.

About 3 days ago I felt a sort of heavy feeling underneath....a bit irritated in the vagina area.      I took a bladder infection reading this am but all is okay.

Even though I am now 9 months post op is my body still telling me to ease up, even though I've not done much more than I normally do with regard to walking.   I don't lift anything heavy.   

I'm just surprised that's all.     Can anyone relate?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol,

I am now 16 months post op for A&P repair.

I still have too watch how long I'm on my feet and his much I lift.

I still get quite sore if I overdo things around front of pelvic floor and around the perineum area.

When I have a bysy heavy shift at work my bladder can feel irritated and perineum can feel like it's starting to sag and if I sit down in evening the ligaments in that area must stiffen up and it gets so nippy and the nerve ending can be painful.

As long as I have some control over how much I do I am fine and while my work have now stopped putting me on my feet for long periods of time and I now mainly get a seat at the checkout it is the weight issue that I have to constantly watch. On a busy day I'm constantly pushing through smaller cases of soft drinks, beer, larger milk cartons, bags of potatoes and while I manage to avoid the heavier things ( such as larger cases of beer, soft drinks, cat litter and garden soil which I can scan with hand scanner if they leave in their trolley, it still does eventually start to ache.

I think this aching is due to the posterior repair as I did not experience this with the previous surgery which was hysterectomy and anterior repair. I think having both A&P this time I was done very tight and took ages to loosen off and resettle, and having went back to work too quickly at 3 months post op this time and they had me covering my full shift on my feet within a few months didn't help.

I think that each time we get a repair it's always weaker than the one before so always have to be careful.

Hope thinks get better for you,

Take care phyl x

• Posted

Hi Carole I had my op also 9 months ago and agree if I do too much my body lets me know with a pain that is like sitting on a wire fence. Interestingly its when I lie down at night that I feel it.  I work for  a charity shop so boxes are lifted at times which is hard to avoid when handed to me by donors .

​I hope the heavy feeling underneath is not anything serious for you

• Posted

Like the description of the pain 'sitting on a wire fence' that is exactly how it feels sometimes and know exactly how it is when put in that awkward situation when someone tries to hand you something that you know may be too heavy.

You will have to be especially carefully.

Phyl x

• Posted

Hiya phyl, good to see you are still on the forum, Thanks for the reply, as usual its good to hear from others whom have the same experiences makes me feel better knowing what I feel at times is "normal". Funnily enough recently mid April  I had to slow down which was probably very good for me as I broke my foot. It still amazes me that even now 9 months on I still am not 100% healed even though I feel totally fine and very very pleased with the end result of having the repairs. Hope is well with you cheers Kath

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.