HEAVY HEAVY PERIODS

Posted , 1 user is following.

So a little background, I’ve been an active athlete my entire life until about a year ago. I’m 23 and I had my first period when I was 15. I have NEVER had a regular period. I only get about 2 (maybe 3) periods every year. Anytime I talk to my doctor, she says as long as I am not rapidly losing/gaining weight when my period comes around, I’m okay. But when I am on my periods, I am filling my DivaCup every hour. I can sit on the toilet and it literally just drips until I put something in there to make it stop. My periods are so irregular that sometimes it slows down or stops by day 3, other times the worst day is like day 6 or 7 and then it magically stops. I never feel like I will faint or too weak to go on, but it’s a pain in the rear to go to the bathroom EVERY. SINGLE. HOUR. I take ibuprofen throughout the day as well as an iron supplement, I use ice packs on my abdomen, I take hot baths, I do everything. And I am still losing so much blood. 

What should I do? Should I get on birth control? I want my periods to be regulated, but I’m afraid that the heavy bleeding will now be every month instead of only 3 times a year...

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.