hell on earth

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have made plans in my own head to finally let go. its easy to write that but this illness is just so bad and i cant bear the thought of another year living like this...sertraline 200mg doesnt work for me....and the thoughts of suicide consume me everyday. i tried a few weeks ago but made the mistake of telling someone goodbye. i cant an wont make that mistake again sad

3 likes, 30 replies

Report / Delete

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Call you local crisis team Paul. Your care plan need to be altered you can get thru this 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Paul.....Please stay with us.I know how you feel,I've been there so many times.Sometimes it feels as though it is the only way out of the agony we feel.I am sure that there must be a little part of you that does not want to end your life,or you wouldn't post on here,though I know I could be mistaken.Please hang in there and call The Samaritans...Talk your feelings through Paul please.A member of my family killed himself several years ago,,it's unbearable for those left behind.I am certain you have people who you mean the world to in your life.You are worth a lot and you can get through this.Sending love and good thoughts to you.Sally
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Pls get help Paul....u really need someone to talk to....don give up....because you are much more stronger than this.....you can go through this....and pls think about everyone whom you ever cared about...u would never want to see a situation like this....you are much more stronger than u think....Talk to someone you really trust or your local crisis team...like jimmy said.....Reach out to them for help....and pls remember God is always there by ur side....let him help u too....you are on of a kind...u hav a great purpose on this earth...that only u can do....so never give up....Jesus loves you.....take care
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Paul, how long have you been on the sertraline? Did you feel like this before you took it? SSRIs are notorious for causing suicidal ideation. SSRIs made me dreadfully suicidal.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

been on sertraline for about 2 years. it baffles me that something thats meant to help contain depression an suicidal thoughts does th opposite,,an yet its still prescribed! i was offered prozac but i tore the script up...i have heard how bad that can be. if only you could get seratonin in other forms sad 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hiya ....I've a feeling that all the SSRI's have suicidal thoughts etc listed on the possible side effects list,when you initially start taking them....Always a prudent move when starting any meds,to start on a very low dose and gradually increase it...To minimise the potential side effects.Sadly all medicines have a negative:anti-biotics destroy friendlSoy bacteria in the gut etc etc...Be good to yourself Paul,you're a good guy.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

its ok, i figured it out. its just a sh*t deal we have sometimes, i got called into work last night on nightshift and 2 of the blokes decided to give me a new nickname cos i wasnt being as fast as i usually am, very deflating. am the nicest bloke u could meet but feel very vulnerable when its this bad an i dont react so well. some say huffy, maybe so, but being quiet is easier than shouting 'F*** You' you will see how funny this is sad
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i should rephrase cos i swore an its bein moderated. i figured what you meant. i had a pretty terrible night. was called into work to help out on nightshift and i went in. but by 4 am i was ready to explode
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Prozac worse drug I ever tookj, and it is well known for giving people suicidal thoughts.  Ironic that some anti depressants do have this side effect.  Seems very wrong. 

I was OK on Sertraline, and OK on Effexor, but that is a horrow drug to withdraw from.  I take herbal tablets containing passion flower, hops and valerian.  St John's Wort is also said to help, and 5HTP.  I have tried last two, but Kalms helps me the most.  Health Food Shops have their own Quiet Life tablets, and others that may help you.

I take multi vitamin and mineral tablets, Omega3, vitamin B complex, and Vitamin D.  Worth trying if you think may help.  I am not saying they have stopped my depression, but I do find on days I miss taking them, I get more depressed.  I don;'t think my depression will ever go away as had if for many years, but I have good days as well as bad. 

I am wondering what you have decided to do now.  Let us know.  Take care

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

aye i was adviced to take multi-vitamins as well as my body weight has plummeted, 5 a day an all that but when u have no appetite, u cant eat, simple. an when u really dont care what happens to yourself, hunger is pretty bottom of the list. i was at docs few weeks ago and my bmi is 27%, no idea what that means but guess it aint good. i was diagnosed at 15 with depression an am now 40 an its never left me. i self harm as well, but that i can handle. it dont hurt. you are numb to it. i would never promote it by any stretch but its like a valve going off when the blood pours
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear Paul, please, please, please get in touch with the Samaritans and.... or mind.... you never are alone or unloved... you really do need help to be able to have peace of mind,... do it this afternoon, the Samaritans are amazing and the calls are free... all on here really care about you... we have at one time or another all been where you are now..... get help this afternoon. Please.. God bless.. Deirdre xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up