hell on earth

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have made plans in my own head to finally let go. its easy to write that but this illness is just so bad and i cant bear the thought of another year living like this...sertraline 200mg doesnt work for me....and the thoughts of suicide consume me everyday. i tried a few weeks ago but made the mistake of telling someone goodbye. i cant an wont make that mistake again sad

3 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Paul.

Please allow us to reach you. We all care and know exactly what you are going through.

Your post suggests that you have had depression for a year already and I know that when you have suffered to long that you are convinced that this is how you will feel forever.

There is no time limit to how long depression will last but I've known people to of been ill for a very long time and come out the other side. You only have to scan these forums for stories to give you hope.

I know it's exhausting..I know it's frightening and I know you are lost but all it takes is one day...that day could be tomorrow...when you wake up and things are better. 

Your depressed mind will throw out every negative thought and you will believe it but you must not let it win. This is temporary. 

I urge you to give yourself the chance you deserve. You did not ask for this...Its not your fault.....Please give yourself the best chance you can to get better.

Speak to the crisis team. Demand that you get the support you need. 

Dont give up mate. You have got this far.....that means you are strong.

The medication may not be the right one for you. Maybe you could change or have the doctor add a small dose of another antidepressant. This works for so many people. You are not alone Paul. There are millions of us fighting the same battle and feeling the exact way you do. We need each other xxx

• Posted

you are right Gillian,,,,,,millions of us fight this battle everyday, and it is a serious battle. people think that theres no 'bandage or plaster' so you must be ok. i envy people who trot through life without a care in the world and waking up is a joy to them. am not jealous because i may live a short life but i learned that these people may suffer in silence, and its statistically proven that men suffer more because its a male thing to not show their feelings. i must be an exeption to that because when i see people post stuff about being depressed about the weather or something stupid, i react quite badly as they have no idea about depression......they just dont x 
  • Posted

Paul let us know what your doing . There are people concerned about you. Do you need someone to help you get the help?
  • Posted

Totally agree with comments Paul. 

You deserve to get well again and it's so hard to be assertive with the mental health services when you feel so low and desperate.

I pay my NI contributions so people like me, you and everyone else here gets the care they deserve and which is needed,, I really could not give a monkeys about cuts, finance, resources or budgets it's irrelevant.

I do not want you to have to go through another year like you have and nor should the professionals who are there to make sure you don't so firstly do whatever you can to stop yourself from suicide, call Samaritans, SANE, call 999, local out of hours GP, go to the GP surgery without an appointment and tell them there and then what your trying to avoid doing, call crisis team just do whatever comes to mind first and do it without hesitation.

Be prepared for hospital admission but if that is the place you need to start your recovery process then that's the right place.

You are not the person you are and deserve to find your way back and as soon as you feel an improvement (which you will) you will have the seeds of hope and optimism ready to grow, and blossom.

KEEP POSTING! 

• Posted

Hey Paul....Please tell us you are all right....We are all very concerned.
  • Posted

Paul, please, please let us know how you are feeling and if we can help in any way possible, we are all concerned for your welfare and you are in our thoughts, please get help as soon as you possibly can, take care please... sincere regards and big warm hugs to you, Deirdre xx
  • Posted

wow, i am quite overwhelmed by all the comments from you lovely people. i didnt think my post would even get a second glance never mind generate so much interest. my post wasn't the cleverest thing i ever done but then i clearly am not thinking straight. sorry for raising concern levels in you all. what i didnt say was that my intent was not immediately, but more so over the next couple of weeks if i can't fight these feelings anymore sad 
    • Posted

Paul I put a posting recently and like you was overwhelmed by the supportive replies I received here.  so many caring people.  It is wonderful to know there are others, although in pain with depression themselves, take time to answer us. 

I have fought depression for over 20 years.  I have taken an overdose, been in psychiatric hospital, lost hoiuse, job, relationships.  I struggle, and battle daily.  I know it is so very hard, I really do.

Sometimes we feel we cannot battle anymoire, but I think we can dig into the depths and tell this illness it will not win.  It ius so easy to give in and so hard to battle, I know.  We want the feelings to stop, we want peace. 

Over all those years I have upos and downs.  I battled.  I found strength from somewhere, I don't know how.  I am battling hard now, I really am. I will win, I must. 

I think we should pour out how we feel, it does help, and look at how lovely, lovely people help us through that dark period.  I am very low now, but I will keep posting herem, and I truly believe people here will give me strength, because they all are battling depression.

• Posted

Hey Paul...So glad you've updated us.However PLEASE PLEASE get some help today.....You must reach out:there are people out there who WILL help you get through this dark patch,I promise x x
    • Posted

Sally, thanks for the comment but its not about seeking help....tried that but they dont understand sad seen a shrink, counsellor, doctor etc etc but they just dont knw...i emailed Samaritans and DWD on Facebook....i get more from writing to forums an causes online than i do face to face with a 'proffesional'.....its a dire state when ur comp becomes your only release xx 
  • Posted

Hi Paul I am so very, very happy to hear that you are okay... we were all very concerned about you... rest as much as you can, get warm and cosy, put some soft music on, close your eyes. ( maybe have a small brandyto hand ) then just switch off fresh the world.....

Please look after yourself, AND please keep in touch.... much love and regards to you, Deirdre xx x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.