Hello

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am a newbie and just want to say hi.

I have suffered from depression on and off for many years and am looking for support,  empathy and advice.

I am 60,  female and live in the UK

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Am finding it hard to negotiate the site.  As soon as I stop typing it won't let me add anything else even when I haven't finished my post.  

I wanted to add that I am sorry for your depression.  No one is immune are they? Even when working in the mental health field.  xx

• Posted

Hello I'm a newbie too and also finding the site a little difficult. Last night I sat for around 15 minutes pouring my heart out into my phone and sending it to goodness knows where is I still can't find it. 

I too am 60and have suffered from depression for quite a long time but not severe as I am doing at present this attack has lasted now since January 13 and isn't subsiding at all my GP and also my psychiatrists has Chinese on female changing tablets including venlafaxine Duloxatine busperone Duloxatine Sertraline I could go on but this is getting boring. The last medication Mitrazapine as I had to ring my Psychiatrists today as I felt so ill I felt completely drunk all the time have fallen over several times. Didn't get to speak to him just his secretary who called me back to say stop them immediately and we will call you back later. Well no one has rung yet and it's now 24 hour with no meds and I don't know what to do. 

• Posted

Hi Paul nice to meet you.  We can be newbies together smile  

I am sorry your attack is lasting so long.  I hope you feel better soon really.  I couldn't get on with mirtazapine as they made me too sleepy.  I changed to sertraline which does help.  

Have you had any counselling?  

I think you should ring your psychiatrist back immediately and don't be fobbed off.  

xx

• Posted

Should say changed my medication nothing to do with Chinese   
  • Posted

Goodness I have had a lot of great replies there thank you all.  It is a lifesaver for me having so much help and support,  like all of us I guess.  

The worst thing is feeling so alone with the thought that no one understand what I am going through.  You all do on here though which is brilliant.  It helps to share with those who don't judge or think you are being stupid isn't it?  x

• Posted

Hi there newby

im 61 and male had depression on and of for some 10-12 yrs.

This episode has been the very worst and has been going on since Feb/March this year I have lost all motivation and I struggle to get out of bed which was like last time but this again is so hard to overcome.

have been on Fluoxetine since March but now been changed to Mitrapine or something like that together with quetipine. 

I look forward to bedtime as that's the time I can sleep and there's no pain or suffering whilst I'm asleep and then I struggle to get through the day until the evening when I'm not to bad.

I do my best to stay strong and positive in the hope to get back to normality. If you feel anything like this then I can empathise with you and we can be stronger together take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.