Hello

Posted , 3 users are following.

So this is my first post on the depression forum. I was always at the anxiety one. But lately I've been feeling not happy. Not content. Losing faith and losing interest in everything. I never knew depression could physically hurt. And because of this I always think im dying. This is no way to live. I have loss of appetite. Food makes me nervous. Makes me dizzy. I keep thinking the worst. Idk what it is. I have come to accept that I have mild depression. Can depression really cause all of these physicalls ilments? Please help.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You should talk to a physchatrist. They will be the best to give youa diagnosis. Yes depression does physically hurt. I went through all different test trying to find a answer and a neurologist finally sent to one. All my pain went away with the meds for depression. Does the food make you dizzy or anxiety type of things? If food you need to see if it's differentfood than what you hve been eating. I hsd dizzy spells and even blacked out afew times. Sorry you feel so bad and I hope this helps.

• Posted

Yes it can I'm going through the same thing I've started taking small dose Prozac been on it for15days it take awhile to build up in your system I also take Xanax for the anxiety.I make myself eat,I don't want anything to eat.yes like you I always think theirs something really bad wrong with me.Have you been to Dr about this .You are depressed it makes you feel awful.If you to go to Dr start at small dose of medicine most Drs want you start at high doses it's makes anxiety worse.You need to get help it only gets worse I wished I had started medicine sooner Keep in touch their is hope for us.

• Posted

I have been to the Dr multiple times. They don't find me anything. I'm currently on beta blockers. A 5mg dose. It helps but I've been having really bad headaches and migraines and dizineess. I know it's all in my head but idk what to do sometimes. The mind is powrful. I was prescribed Xanax but I've heard bad things about it. Don't wanna become depending on them. I'll get past this. I'm currently seeking a therapist as well.

• Posted

Hi Swaggdalu - yes it sounds like depression, which often goes hand in hand with anxiety. And yes there can be physical manifestations of it - given that we can talk ourselves into things. Seek a therapist/psychologist who will help you dig into the underlying reasons for your condition in a safe environment. If you are not comfortable with that therapist, seek another. Don't give up. You will learn to recognise triggers for your condition and skills to cope with them. Dying is a natural progression in this life and you don't want waste time and energy worrying about that. Good luck for your future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.