Hello

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I was wondering if anyone had suffered from sub clinical hyperthyroidism with multi nodules and what treatment they had had.

Thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm in the same boat as you....been a year and no treatment for me....I did have really bad stomach issues...started using bone broth collagen....doing fine so far...

• Posted

I also have this and for some reason that they cannot pinpoint I am in normal ranges for a long while and then go overactive, which has happened 3 times now. I then go back to normal ranges. Due to iodine treatment following an operation last time I went over active I was unable to have treatment, but if I go over again they have suggested radio iodine treatment. In the meantime, understandably, they don't want to kills a thyroid that is currently in the normal ranges so for me it's wait and see if I happens again 

• Posted

I can see their point of view. I have 20 nodules on the thyroid and wonder if these are causing problems with depression, anxiety , bone and muscle pain. 

?I would not mind giving rai a go but it means I will go hypo and need thyroxine. You just can't win!!!!

• Posted

Hi Harriet.

I've had multiple nodules for years. One turned hot last summer. My TSH is just below normal range. Other thyroid readings are within normal limits. 

What are your readings? TSH and T3 & 4.  Do you have hot or toxic nodules? 

Biotin changed my TSH reading, showing it as zero, so my Endo put me on Methimazole. Long story short, it made so sick I stopped. Another endo then discovered the biotin connection, I retested, and my TSH registered. I believe I'm probably sub clinical too, due to the hot nodule, but I'm taking a lot of supplements now, including L carnitine and acidophilus, B, D, A, C, lysine, alpha lipoic, magnesium, and some others. I feel fine off the Methimazole. I see the Endo next week and will find out if my TSH is normal.

Meantime, I've noticed the hot nodule feels like it's getting way smaller. Can you see/feel them on the sides of your neck? 

Jaye 

• Posted

Hi....do you take all the vits in one pill form?  or are they are separate vits?   thanks 
    • Posted

Hi Rose

I take separate vitamins, most gel caps or sublingual. L Carnitine is liquid. I take some in the morning and a few others in the afternoon. Never on an empty stomach :-)  I forgot to mention selenium, zinc & Lipo Flavinoid in my post. 

Jaye 

Jaye 

• Posted

Thanks...I also take quite a few vits...I just add devil's claw to mine...suppose to help with joint pain....I take selenium also...suppose to be great for the eyes...

I looked up the ones you listed...I'll look Lipo flavonoid too..

thanks so much...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.