Hello

Posted , 5 users are following.

So how long will I feel a lil bit better.. I have been to my GP and I have seen the gi Dr once.. going to have a barrium swallow soon.. I have been takeing ratindine 150mg only at night but I bumped it up today to one night one day.. .. my swallowing in the only problem I'm concerned about as I let it go on for so long not doing anything about it. My reflux I guess it wasn't never getting me that bad so I didn't do anything about but now. I feel like my esphogoues is small now I can feel my go down. It's not painful. Just slow it really a creepy feeling and it's scaring me now that I'm takeing control of it. Getting test done to see if that really is what it is nothing else bad.. how long till i will start seeing result in the medicine????? I have been taking it's only day 4 so far so. I'm hopeing it's nothing serious and I hope I can get control of this and get back to my normal self all the stress and worry is driveing me apart and really acfecting my life....

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had an issue with swallowing also. The dr. Said my schzatki ring was narrowing. So he opened it. Made it wider. Was able to swallow much better after that procedure. I had to do an endoscopy to find out about the ring. I drink alkaline water, I eat dgl. It's licorice from the health food store

• Posted

You may have a stricture which will require stretching done during an endoscopy! The Barium swallow will show This! Usually a stricture comes from scar tissue from having gerd. There is nothing to having a barium swallow test. They have improved the drink which is like a thick milkshake. If it shows anything they will recommend an endoscopy. There is nothing to an endoscopy. It takes between 5 to 20 min. To do. The doctor sedates you and when you wake up you feel fine. No issues. Fyi I just went through it. As far as meds I was on them for 2 months before I felt back to normal. I am slowly getting off the meds. The worst part of all this is the anxiety of worrying. Anxiety can create the swallowing issue. I thought 24/7 about my throat! I know it's hard but it will probably end up being nothing! I read to much on line! I have stopped reading Dr. Google! Lol best wishes

• Posted

Ya u can say that again Dr google is killer. Aniexty is cuasing me to have chest pains as well from all this. It's crazy cuz I member have chest pains before very minor but now I sit and think create chest pains that come and go most are prob from my esphogoues tho being inflamed... Your right bout the stricture cuz like I said I never addressed the problem cuz I didn't really thought I had one but bout 8 months or so ago I went threw alot of stress and I member getting a nasty tatse in my mouth and closed nose and I have thick post nasal drip.. so I'm assuming after research it all gerd related now. I member always haveing these feeling of food going slowly down kinda like u took to big of bite without the pain tho.... I'm glad I cuaght it now and not when it too too late.. ya google pretty much ruined my life till I get the test done to figure out if it sinister or not.. I don't think so cu, I do remember haveing a feeling of food going slowly at one spot in my esphogoues for awhile and if it was sinister I would prob already be in deep crapola by now.. thanks for reply. Ya stay off Dr google if you can best wishes..

• Posted

Hi Samuel,

Good that you’re under the care of a GI Doctor and will be having a barium swallow. Good luck with everything. 

I hope all your symptoms improve with time , for me, it took a good few weeks on Omeprazole before I noticed that my symptoms started to improve. I know what you mean about it being scary because I think if you have reflux and inflammation of the oesophagus it makes you feel as if you have a lump in your throat (for me anyway) maybe others will confirm this. 

Also, I have been extremely careful about what I’m eating and I would strongly advise you to do the same. I’ve stopped eating any dairy products and I’m eating a very healthy diet of protein and fruit and vegetables and I’m drinking only de caffeinated green tea with honey.  I lost a stone in two weeks and had no appetite but now I feel hungry again so I know things are improving.

I wish the same for you, so best wishes for your recovery. please take care.  Jane 

• Posted

Ya I'm pretty sure I have a stricture in there.. I don't think it could be anything sinister. Back in November I had pnemonia and a chest x-ray and full blood work up which all came back normal. I know I had this problem back then to. So I'm sure something would have came up if it was sinister in my body like cancer of the esphogoues. So Dr google got me really scared but I'm keeping calm and seeing what's going on thanks for all the kind replys from you guys yes I'm slowly changeing my diet still getting used to it. But I think it is working....

• Posted

Do u guys ever get the feeling that your upper back between shoulder blades and chest just feel sore like u picked up a heavy box or something.. ?? I feel that.. well knowing that mine is prob esphogoities no wonder why I feel this... I can't wait till it's gone now that I haveing takeing the steps in the right direction might take some time to heal I think I messed my esphogoues up pretty bad not knowing.. shame on me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.