Hello, can anyone relate to or tell me what I can do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, im not sure if this is the right post but can anyone relate to or tell me what I can do? I’m 24 years old and refusing to believe I have any sort of depression. My mind seems to be working overtime over simple things i.e. books not being put on shelf properly, (This is not me). I feel like I’m about to burst into tears at any minute but at the same time feel no emotion towards anything at all. I’ve stop seeing my friends partly due to work and I just can’t face them for some unknown reason. I feel like the best place I can be is on the top of a mountain on my own or locked in my bedroom with no contact, (Again not me). I just don’t want to talk to anyone about anything. I have slight financial issues that I am getting on top of and two small children that I don’t live with regularly see/ have over night. I’m also up holding two jobs but the one job is more of a dream job that I can’t explain. I’ve never taken drugs or don’t drink but unfortunately have started smoking again. 

My Dr has prescribed me diazepam at the moment and gave me this website, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christian, this does sound like depression. Dont be frightend to admit it, theres nothing wrong with it.  The sooner you accept it the better, then you can get on with things. I have depression/anxiety and also on medication. I had a councellor come to the house to see me and that put my mind in the correct place to deal with it all.  Se  if your doctor can refer you to someone for a chat.  My family are always there for me if i need a chat but its so much better when an outsider listens to you, its doesnt seem like they are judging you. x be strong. X
  • Posted

I know the signs of depression and anxiety, it sounds like you have both and it's not rare for them to come together. ME? I had all those symptoms, plus ADD. It took me way into my adulthood (40) to discover I was undiagnosed Bipolar. It was such a relief. Now I have a medicine that controls my moods. Cry, depressed, anxious, but then manic where you shop, spend money you don't have, are a bit more active sexually not always in a healthy way. I lost many jobs and many friends before I was diagnosed. Then, I am still afraid to tell people for fear of being judged as "crazy" but it is so severe I get $1300 of SSDI, Disability payments every month. I had gone to a psychiatrist for "anxiety"... then I went to another years later for "depression". My therapist I saw twice a month for 20 years was the one to tell me "you're bipolar, didn't you know that? Whaaaa? Bipolar? "Yes, my son has it too, he's just like you" I think it's more common than you know especially if you have any mental disorders in your family. My father I believe was bipolar, his temper was short and I think was depressed, his sister was schizophrenic, my mother suffered depression. She wsa 2 when her mother died from Carbon Monoxide poisioning they said was an accident, but they kept things hush hush 90 years ago, and she could have possibly committed suicide. Look at your family history, maybe take a reputable online quiz, and be sure to talk to your doctor. 
  • Posted

Hi, the symptoms you are describing sound like stress and depression (linked). Sometimes we think we are coping with everything but also without realising it, it becomes too much to deal with. I think it might help you if your Doctor gave you anti depressants, I don't say that lightly but I have been on them for years and they have given me the ability to think more clearly. Please see your Doctor again and also be honest with how you are feeling. Good luck
  • Posted

Sounds like anxiety to me. It's linked to depression.Usually it's one like anxiety which can make you very down but the primary issue is the anxiety. You have a clear Mind about your life so your tuned in so I think it's anxiety. I never would believed how severe anxiety can be it's a shock I first got it at 23 and apparently it's common to appear around that age.The tablets should calm you soon and the symtoms reduce so you wil start recovering. May be counselling as you are starting to withdraw. You will be ok thou. X
    • Posted

My ex husband, my best friend... He had started having breathing problems. His health took this very quick for the worse and now he's on the list for a lung transplant. Seems he worked restoring historic homes and over the course of his work, inhaled mold. This mold has caused his lungs to stiffen up and get hard. He has now got heart problems, fluid build up and you name it. He mentioned to me, "I never believed it when you told me about your panic attacks" "Well, after I had one of my own, I know how horribly you must have felt". He's now getting benzos to help. When you can't catch your breath for an extended amount of time or your breath is too shallow, that causes his panic attacks. Long story short. Unless you've been there, don't judge other people with problems you know nothing about. There are events that can cause anxiety or you could have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which is free floating anxiety. If you have GAD, you might, like me, have to take "tablets" everyday. Not just on occasion. I take 3 Klonopin every day, spaced through the day. If these "tablets" calm you, it's because the tablet is medicine that calms you. How would you be able to know when your symptoms are reduced if you're taking these tablets? You'd only know if they got worse. Talk to your doctor, don't be like me and be misdiagnosed and ruin your life. I tried to add a link to the Mayo Clinic and it's information, from authoratative sources, about anxiety. It was deleted by the moderator so the link could be checked out first. There are a lot of online quizzes, and quality ones. Don't do any that ask for money or let's you talk to a "real life professional" - those are scams. I just wish someone had mentioned the work "bipolar" to me when I was young, now in my 50's, I've done so much damage, spent too much money, filed bankruptcy, lost friends, don't speak to family, been fired from jobs, lost my temper when made mad, had very high and dangerous sexuality, tried suicide, and going crazy wondering what was wrong with me. Don't be like me... 
  • Posted

Thanks all for the advice this have helped i will contact my Dr and seek councilling

• Posted

Your doctor would have been smarter if also referred you to see a counselor to get more affirmation of what your really dealing with.  I know that it is nice to hear of people that suffer some of the same symptoms, etc.  But it is much better if you get a diagnosis from professionals, and then you'll know what it is you dealing with.  Then you can go about focusing on what you need to do to cope, manage, or what have you.  When you come on discussions such as these you start getting people trying to diagnose you with what they have dealt with?  It is good to get some understanding from others, but it is best to get a professionals opinion. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.