Hello everyone! Do you have any suggestions for foods to eat for someone with gallbladder issues?

Posted , 4 users are following.

What foods would you recommend for someone with gallbladder issues? My husband is currently suffering from this, not sure what kind cause the Dr didn't give him a sonography yet. So far I have fed him grilled chicken breast, boiled potatoes, and salad made out of carrots, fennel, radish and sweet pepper. And some olive oil with lemon juice and a bit of salt as seasoning.

We have been told he cannot eat greasy or spicy foods. Hovewer, on the internet we have read that certain vegetables, and canned/smoked products are also off-limits.

Do you guys have any suggestions as of what he should and shouldn't eat? Thanks a lot!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Generally just things with less than 7g of fat per 100g. So that rules out cheese, chocolate and some other stuff too. I ate a lot of rice, pastas, chicken, even red meats like steak as long as they were grilled on the George foreman. Most bread has about 1g of fat per slice and that’s thick bread. Try to use low fat spread though. Flora light was lowest I could find. Seeing as it’s winter what about some home made soups? Any tomato based sauces are generally low fat as well. So sweet and sour chicken, spaghetti bolognese and those kind of foods were ok xx
  • Posted

I have gallstones,Generally less quantity with low oil/fat/protein helps on the pain  and bloating.
  • Posted

For me i can eat carrots all day, havent found a veggie i cant eat yet. Beef in all forms make me have issues the next morning. rolleyes i also try to stay away from eggs, cheese, and pizza.  You will find what makes you sick or not. Its helpful to keep a food tracker. I like myfitnesspal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.