Hello genitals problem can you help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everybody. 

I am a 34 year old male and I have some redness and itching on the inside of my foreskin for 2 days now. I used a cream and while the redness has almost subsided I can see many many little whitish spots really close to each other. What this could be? Could it be from the heat (it's relly hot and I don't have an air condition) or something else like herpes or fungus? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The white dots under the rim are just pearly penile papules, which are very common, and nothing to worry about.  The redness and the smaller white dots lower down are probably just balanitis (technically balanoposthitis if if's the foreskin rather than the glans).  

These links may help, though the second one is written for doctors:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro

It may just go away by itself, but if you take a leak and wash it (water only) after masturbation or sex, that will also help.  You could also try Canesten cream.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply and help. I had this things for half a year last year and now they came back. Whenever I use travocort cream they get better. Can I use this cream for many days or it can harm me because it has corticosteroids in it?
    • Posted

I'm not a doctor, but I wouldn't use any steroid cream long term.  Just use an anti-fungal eg Canesten.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.