Hello got a new problem .

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi , had my coil out and smear test done on Tuesday evening , the coil has been in for about 13 years it was helping with my periods originally but because of my age been in my fifties they said I should have no more periods now , but since Tuesday I have had some red blood here and there , stopped on Wednesday but today has started again ,,,, bit worrying because haven't had any periods for 13 Yeats , is this normal or something else ?? Has anyone had anything like this please ... Would really appreciate it some feed back , have been reading about people having bleeds and needing to see doctors with thickening of the womb and all that , so has got me in a bit of a state .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Anne,

I'm no doctor nor have I ever had a coil put in but I have had two kids and been on birth control in the past. My guess is just like in pregnancy or in some cases with birth control, when your periods are suppressed like that and then the device is removed you will have a bleed. You are probably still menstruating. But to be sure check with your doctor. I know that it's normal to bleed after having a baby and if you stop birth control abruptly that will cause a bleed. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks  sharcerv , for your reply I just panic reading thinks on here about thickening womb and cancer it's quiet worrying when you try and find what going on . 

• Posted

Oh believe me, I understand about feeling overly concerned about every symptom. I could write a book! Lol! But honestly I don't think there's anything to worry about in your case. But to be sure ask your doctor if having a bleed is common when removing the coil. They should have told you the side effects.

• Posted

Im the same every feeling symptom is the worst possible bloody cause but when I read others problems I know there is nothing to worry about

Cos I can think rationally lol xxx

• Posted

I'm

Sure if yo did have thickening of womb lining you would bleed with the coil as well as without .i reckon it's just hormones and your body adjusting don't worry.im in norethesterone for heavy periods but it's given me breakthrough brown discharge very unusual for me having this every day but Dr says it's a side effect of tablets.i would say do not worry wait a few more days and I think it will stop once all hormones have settled. Xx

• Posted

Hi Michellestar, Thank you for your words of wisdom that is what I thaught as well that it would have shown before now 🤔 Hope it settles down over the weekend . 
    • Posted

Yes I'm sure it's all fine you would have had problems with bleeding before and you haven't.its all down to the removal of coil I'm positive.also you had a smear test,last time I had this I bled lightly.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.