Hello :( I hope someone can help me x

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been in and out of the doctors since Last monday the 15th feeling incredibly ill and it's still ongoing. I'll try and narrow this story as short as i can because it's a continuous thing and i'm so fed up with it all.

A few years ago i was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries, my left ovary was larger than the right, and both had multiple cysts....nothing was alarming at the time of the scan so i've been back every year for a check up. I have pain in the pelvis anyway, and if i cough or sneeze the pain is so sharp i curl up into a ball and cry. As the years have gone on i've been at my worst episode with this since last monday, My complaints where of things that aren't the usual for me, Vaginal discharge occasionally smelly, ranging from bright yellow/brown/bloodish tinting and white, pain when having intercourse with my 6 year partner, and bleeding that can be so bad it goes down my legs and others it's just brownish, frequent urination and difficulty going to the toilet, nausea and feeling very weak unless i lie down...the doctor suspected a water infection, so i was given antibiotics for 3 days, had blood tests done and a follow up appointment. Nothing changed, so i was given further antibiotics as they then suspected Pelvic inflammatory disease....nothing changed and it's been a few days now...my stomach has been more windy and having sharp pains since i started all this medication...i went into work thinking i was fine, i wasn't the pain was so bad i was in tears, i was immediately sent home and got an emergency appointment with the doctor (AGAIN)...it wasn't until then they decided to send me for a scan (now i have a copper coil in and they were suspicious of it not being around anymore and that i could have a reaction in the body to this)...The big  boss at the hospital asked why i hadn't had a scan done sooner...and asked me to come down asap....i had an outside one done and an internal scan done, the coil was in place and where it should be and it was so painful when they examined me, the left ovary was the most painful....i cried they looked at me with a speculem (the third one in a week) and said i'd need to stay in hospital overnight and they will be taking me to theatre...

I was so happy that FINALLY i was  going to get something done about this, i've suffered for so long with the pain and the sickness etc i tohught i'd be able to carry on as a mother as normal and as a work colleague and be me again....they got me all pysched up for it and told me my operation would be in the morning......morning came i hadn't eaten or drank and a doctor came in (a different one to the one who told me to go forward with the operation) decided not to bother with the operation due to my age, and that there would be complications involved and a desire for more children would be affected by this as the whole ovary may need to be removed. I was so upset i probably shouldn't have told them we wanted another child...:'(

A third doctor came along, and wanted to check me for coeliac disease as i was rushed into hospital on sunday with a black bowel movement, which i only had one occasion of....they already knew i suffered with IBS but wanted to treat me for this with painkillers...yet my main area that was bothering me (and i was STILL weeing alot) was my left side of my pelvis...the demon ovary. So ANOTHER doctor came along and said he didn't think it was IBS so let's stick a camera up both ends and make sure there isn't any internal bleeding....nothing was found and they still continued with the ibs diagnosis...another doctor came back to see how my ovaries where doing and i told them i still feel the same as i did when i came in......IBS was there main concern...and no more things where being done with my ovaries and i got so fed up i discharged myself...i know that sounds so stupid but i couldn't take it anymore and i just wanted to come home and have a cuddle and cry...which i haven't stopped doing. sad

I have my scan which was booked ages ago on the 30th of this month, so only a few days to go....if nothing has changed then i may be back in hospital again...but what's the point when nothing will be done? I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.....i'm so ill and it hurts so much that i just want it all to end....

I'm struggling to make much sense on here as i'm feeling very lightheaded and have major cramping in my left side...so if i've not been very clear please let me know, i just wanted some support and some advice as i feel so low atm. I'm still not at work because of how weak i feel and i fear this will cause me to lose my job. sad Apologies for taking up most of the page...hopefully i'll hear back from someone and get some help x

Nooski x

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not sure if i mentioned before, but please forgive me, my head is so dizzy and it's hard for me to think straight...I'm really gassy and my stomach won't stop vibrating too...it feels wierd....sad Think this could be due to the antibiotics though......*sigh* i feel so sick. :'(

• Posted

What complications or haven't they told you? Removal of just one ovary will not generally affected fertility as the remaining one will take over.
    • Posted

Hey Taz i've replied below just seemed to be easier to do it all in one! smile hope you don't mind and thanks for replying x
  • Posted

So sorry about all you are going through at the moment Nooski, it's sounds a nightmare and very painful. 😥.  

There would usually be no problem losing an ovary as I did when I was 28 years old after the birth of my first baby.  They told me I might not be able to have any more children but within 2 months of the operation I was pregnant again (and we wasn't trying for a baby as my first baby was only 4 months old).  I again found myself pregnant at 37 years old which was also a shock due to my age and having one ovary  😳.  So don't let them fob you off with the fact you wouldn't be able to have more children cost it's simply not true. 

• Posted

We have two for redundancy. While both are there they take it in turns to produce the egg, one one month one the next, once there is only one it does it on its own and produces every month not just one in two
    • Posted

Thanks for that Janet. It's been a horrible run around sad i've replied at the bottom somewhere so it's all there in one go! smile x thanks for replying x
  • Posted

I know how frustrating it is to be told your having an op and thinking this will deal with pain and then for it to be taken away as an option by Dr. in the hospital this happened to me twice! after being admitted as an emergency. Nil by mouth and that included any pain killers.

Go back to your Gp as soon as you can after scan and push for results and for something to be done (ask to see a different Gp if necessary)

Are you taking pain killers? have you got something strong enough? push for this too if needed. Co-codamol is available over the counter, that helped me to reduce pain and be able to function at work.  Hope you get it sorted soon.

• Posted

Hey there chick i've replied below for everyone thanks for your reply too. wink It really sucked...i was so upset i just discharged myself from hospital and got my fiance to pick me up. He's so worried about me bless him sad Here's hoping i'll make a speedy recovery...and manage this Demon ovary before it takes over my life too much again. :O
    • Posted

If the co-codamol you buy is not strong enough ask for it on prescription as is three times as strong - 30mg codeine rather than 8mg
  • Posted

Hey thanks to everyone for replying hope you can all see this ok x  just that they may have to remove the whole ovary. That was all that they were worried about....rolleyes and that the desire for children is still there....i should have mentioned that these where infact all junior doctors. I went back to the doctor yesterday and burst into tears, told him exactly as stated here....he said "mm yes i can understand why they didn't proceed with the operation it's not a desperate need at this time....as for your ibs i don't see any complications so they where right with their diagnosis there. Continue taking your usual for that, and as for your ovary pain i am going to give you a dose of ** MEFENAMIC ACID **i've never taken this before so will be picking it up tommorow and giving it a go, i just want to go back to work on monday i've been feeling quite better today...except for the pain managed to go to the toilet and the frequent urination has subsided...THANK GOD. :O i've managed to make a bowel movement as normal (sorry for info rolleyes and it's been very smelly...but i can only assume that's due to the few days of antibiotics and codiene that's blocked me up, i even managed to eat a meal today of meat and mushrooms and had no stabbing pains in my stomach!)...i'll go to my scan on tuesday and see what they say...and i'll certainly give this medication a go....just want to be me again as i've said.

Thanks for all your replies x smile Sorry for any info that may have ruined your dinners wink x <3>

• Posted

Constipation is a known side effect of codiene and a common one. In itself constipation will lead to pain. Be careful with the meat as this will agrivate the constipation effects of codiene. My GP suggested taking dulcolax until runny then switching to dulcoease to keep it soft, unsure how this fits with IBS though. More ruined dinners cheesygrin
    • Posted

Yea it's definetely had an effect on my bowel movements, i was fed loads of it at the hospital. And i felt blocked and so stuck to make a movement. Managed to go today and yesterday but i haven't been taking the codiene. Sharp pains to return sometimes with the vibrations...it's like i have a phone in my belly and above my hips...rolleyes I've been using Califig which has helped i just take  that in the mornings....didn't manage to get the new painkillers so will get that tommorow. Just text my manager aswell and said that i feel ready to return to work...just hope that i don't cause so much hassle and lose my job. .... I BLOOMING HATE THIS ILLNESS!

As for the demonic ovary,...it's still there and making itself known. Thanks for all your replies...lets see how the scan goes on tuesday and if they decided to do anything about it. sad

• Posted

hi sweetheart just tell them to get the thing out and keep 1 ovary so u can have another child,this is the cyst causing the pain,not IBS,which they told me i had ,please read back to 2013 and now of my comments ,as ive been through it ,tc and dont sit back and hurt tell them its your body tc magsbiggrin)))))
    • Posted

Hey margaret. believe me i did tell them at hospital but they still refused. sad going to scan tommorow and see what happens...will let you know x  smile 
    • Posted

If they are too arrogant to listen and nothing happens after scan try your GP, they could back you up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.