Hello I'm new and looking for advice and tips :)

Posted , 3 users are following.

A visit to my doctor with an arthritic knee, and depression over how much weight I've put on has lead to me being prescribed orlistat. 

Took me a week to start taking them as I heard some real horror stories,  mostly abiut people pooing themselves rolleyes

Wasn't going to take them at all until I had a chat with one of the girls in the chemist who had used them herself. 

Been taking them for 3 days now, when I started I decided there would be no point messing about and I've completely switched to a low fat diet.. fruit and salad being the stable.

I currently weigh 100kg-15 stone... when I realised this in the doctors surgery I almost too a stroke!! 

Have bought an electric treadmill,  and weights etc (had to throw out the dining table to fit it all in haha)

Obviously I can only do shorts workouts due to my knee, 

I'm not having any toilet problems at all.. but I think if I stop taking them there will be the temptation to eat chips and all the other rubbish I used to graze on rolleyes.

I'm currently eating less than 1000 a day ( but being satisfied)

But in not burning that on the treadmill,  I can burn up to 200 a day... so my question is ..how is this going to work ?

Many thanks for any advice in advance

Shelagh xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi @Shelagh

Just typed out a reply and lost it grr.

Well dont for starting the tablets. 15 stone is not heavy and you will lose that weight in no time i started at 19.5 in Jnauary 2013 and have now lost over.100lbs i have stuck to it rigidly and have allowed myself treats in the last few months (by treats i mean low fat ones).

Drink a ton of water it helps with the bloating and constipation i also eat the same cals as you sometimes slightly over that but i am satisfied.

There are lots of things you can eat more than you would imagine it's just a case of reading the packets.

If you need any help or have any questions please post back. If you look at my profile i have posted lots of tips/advice on this website

Good Luck

Britney x

• Posted

Thanks Britney smile I also invested in some decent scales yesterday so fingers crossed I can get there... in fact it's not getting there thats a problem, it's staying there... mind you I've only had arthritis show up a year ago so never had a reason rolleyes

Shelagh xxxx 

• Posted

hi i have osteo arthritis in my knee hips ,shoulder & fingers it is very painful so i cant do much in excersise n stuff but i am sticking to a low fat diet & so far so good
    • Posted

Well done Linda. .. I really did think I wasn't gonna stand any chance but I'm surprising myself... good luck reaching your goal xx 
    • Posted

Linda have you tried capsaicin?  It's a cream made from chilli peppers,  you have to use it 3 times a day everyday, but I'm having fab results from it doc will prescribe it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.