Hello, I'm sorry to bother you all

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm an older person and have lost my Dad, Mum and Sister to brain tumours. My Mum Aldo's had dementia and I had her living with me for a while. Unfortunately I had a brain Hemorraghe and couldn't look after her anymore. She has passed away now bless her. I just feel so alone now

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela,

so sorry about your losses and your feelings of lonliness. I hope you can muster the strength to go out and engage with the world and fight the lonliness. Unfortunately, it will take work on your part and diligence.

Coming here was a good start, but please go out and interact with people face to face; church, parks, resturants, volunteering

praying for you

• Posted

There are so many people who are lonely and in great need of friendship and someone to be with. If you are able, reachout  to someone. If you are depressed, there is help; don’t hesitate to ask for it. 

• Posted

I am so sorry for your loss. It must be hard to see any joy in the world at this point but you can use your grief to help others.  Sharing your experiences with others would give you a purpose and help you at the same time. Maybe just going out for a walk at first would help you. Sending hugs and well done for sharing on here x
  • Posted

Wow, you've really been through some tough times, angela. My only brother died of a brain tumor early in 2017-actually, he passed away only 2 days after my mom who died of stroke complications. 

I know what you mean about feeling alone. I was grocery shopping the other night-this is a year and 4 months after they both passed-and I started feeling so lonely. My dad passed in 2003 and they were the only family I had left. Now it's just  me and my wife.

I will never be able to share memories around the table of my home life as a kid anymore, all those who shared those times with me have passed away. Who can I discuss the 'good old days' with now? No one.

I know what you're feeling. We'll just have to soldier-on until our time comes, I guess. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.