hello im just curious about this acid reflux,i now a lot...

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello

im just curious about this acid reflux,i now a lot of the above have experienced chest pains, but i want to know if anyone suffers from pains in their back, like me, in the top and lower back.i have had severe pains in my back and chest. ive been to my doctor and he said it was histernia reflux, so i looked it up on theinternet and it came up with acid reflux.:D:yikes::D

[i:ae2f71cf10]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ae2f71cf10]

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes i get upper and lower back pain with this problem and the doctors seem baffled about my condition. I have and still are going through tests to determine exactly what is wrong.

[i:8bf7a83c5d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8bf7a83c5d]

• Posted

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who gets pain in the back - a burning pain (not muscular) just below the left shoulder pain, and not in the front like most people with reflux. I belch a lot especially after eating and that's when the burning pain in the back hurts. I'm on Losec and that does work with the correct dosage, but I've been taking the drug now for about five years!!! Going for another upper endoscopy to see what's going on.

Interested to hear anyone's views on this.

Regards:?:?:?

[i:984113594c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:984113594c]

• Posted

Hi,

I'm now suffering from reflux problems and have today had my second endoscopy which shows tightened gullet, Doc took a biopsy so hope the result will be OK. The back pain you speak of (like a stabbing pain under the shoulder blade, right in my case)I first had when diagnosed with ulcers in my late twenties and was told that it is a referred pain common to ulcer sufferers. My ulcers had cleared up after treatment but over the last couple of years when the reflux started it is back again.

[i:64dbd151b3]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:64dbd151b3]

• Posted

Yep, can identify with that! upper back pain more prominent in left shoulderblade region. Pain extends into back of neck on occasions. feeling of something stuck in gullet and pain in throat. Miserable!

Positive h pylori few years back. eradication programme successful. Long term Lanzoprezole now becoming ineffective. Can have periods of remission where medication not needed then it all comes back. Can't identify any specific trigger for recurrence but wonder if it might be tiredness.

[i:027d63b35c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:027d63b35c]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.