hello, newbie here

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wanted to say hi as im new on here.

My doctor put me on orlistat last week as i have around 6 stone to lose.

I have started eating low fat meals, which surprisingly i have found quite easy.

I did however eat a cornish pasty yesterday and a chicken shish kebab!!!! but thankfully no after effects :shock:

i have heard that if you consume too much fat, then your body ejects it, in a rather unpleasant way, is this true???

Good luck to everyone on their journey :D

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

in a word yes its true, its recommended that you stick to a max of 15g fat per meal. the side effects are not pretty and are not particularly predictable so to have an accident at work or whilst out and about would be hideously embarassing and i think this fact helps to keep most of us on the straight and narrow!!
  • Posted

Hi im new too, im now on day six and im doing well. The secret is is not to let orlistat do all the work you need to diet, ive dug out my old diet books and im cooking lots of healthy stuff, its working so far but im determined to treat myself to chinese the weekend so i may experience the orange oily poo? Im good at starting diets but dont keep them up, i have no will power and i convince myself im heathy but this time im possitive, who knows we might just do it this time? Good luck with it and let me know how you get on at your first weigh in!
  • Posted

Be careful of the fat content of your meals, orlistat does have unpleasant side effects if you over do the fat content, rushing to the loo and not always having much notice so accidents can happen, sometimes stomach pains if you accidentally really over do it, but you tend to learn not to, and it does keep you to a healthy diet. I have been on it now since May and have lost 3 stone and 4 pounds which I am thrilled with, have some way to go but the constant loss helps to motivate and keep me on the straight and narrow. If I can do it, a anybody can, keep going and the best of luck x :wink:
  • Posted

Good luck I'm on day 2.....post your next weigh in for inspiration please :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.