Help!!!!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi everyone, after blood tests my GP has informed me that my ovaries have shut down and I'm now fully menopausal. I'm 46 and feeling dreadful and hope someone can give me some help and tell me if what I am experiencing is normal. My main symptoms are: severe lightheadedness, dizziness, strange (metallic) taste in mouth, blurred vision, feelings of being off balance, anxiety and generally feeling 'out of body', lack of concentration. The GP has suggested HRT but not for at least two weeks as my blood pressure is too high (has put me on meds for this) and needs it to stablise first. I've no reason to be depressed or anxious but I'm worried I'll never be 'me' again.

Many thanks, Debs

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey Deb, Yes, we will get through this! I was actually having a harder time a few years ago, but my GP would not check my levels - said I was too young. I was 37, but my mother and sister both completely stopped their periods before age 40. I got pregnant and miscarried Feb. was two years ago and my last period was three months later. I don't like to take medicines, but I finally started the Progensa Plus hormone cream, Glucosamine Sulfate, and fish oil. I take other vitamins, but those are the main three that I feel help with issues I'm having. Last year I was suffering severely with body aches and pains, so I did have to take something for pain for a few months and I am taking something to help me sleep because insomnia was severe. I just finished three weeks of exercise class and I have very very little pain. If you can, try those first three I mentioned and see if you get some relief. Different things work for different people, but it would be worth a try!
  • Posted

I've just had letter from GP today saying I have to go for ultra sound the MRI has picked up a problem in my right renal area of the pelvis. I have to have more investigations. But what's interesting is that when I was a baby I was put into plaster. When I was pregnant three times! I always had problems. That explains it. I also had an ovarian cyst when I was 19 quite aggressive that could have turned cancerous they said I was ver fortunate they operated before I died! Anyway so it's an on going thing for me I've got scoliosis in my lower back and a left leg that's a centimetre shorter than my right leg! So I've endured alot of pain with my body throughout my life. Now period had a play around it's disappeared again everything just seems to be coming to light just now. But il let you all know outcome!
  • Posted

Hello ladies, it's me again Debs. I went back to the doctors on Tuesday and she's started me on Premique

Low dose. Any idea how long it takes to get in the system as I'm really starting to worry about the dizziness and lightheadedness. Also I've still got the strange taste in my mouth x

• Posted

Hi ladies! Just to let you know that my tummy is less bloated, and I haven't had anymore bleeds. But I'm still getting like a dark in my undies not sure what's still going on with me. I'm going to have ultra sound on 9 th of April so il let you know the outcome okay. Stay strong it seems we are all suffering with same things but everyone is suffering their own miseries. But most of the symptoms add up to the same things on here. For me I haven't had any hormone treatment, they did speak about it in the past, but I haven't actually had anything. But don't know what they will do if I need treatment after the ultra sound. My tummy has gone down alot now, so I'm not sure what's going on. I hope it's not cysts again. I remember the doctor saying to me when I was going to have the ooferectomy which means removal if the right ovary. They had to do this but anyway, I hope it hasn't affected me again. Still got my left ovary sitting doing nothing now. Lol.. But it's like having an appendix!eed that so when that flares up that can be serious too. But it doesn't have a function in our bodies.we are all walking chemistry sets! If we become ill it upsets everything!
  • Posted

Good afternoon ladies, I just wanted some advice. My gp started me on Premique low dose nearly 3 weeks ago. I'm still experiencing the dizziness and lightheadedness and feeling off unbalance. In addition my boobs have become very sore which I've not experienced in ages and I've got a sticky brown discharge. How long does the HRT take to work or should I give up as I don't feel much different. Any help would be appreciated x
  • Posted

Hi ladies I have just found this site, I am so pleased that what I'm feeling is normal, I am 49 I had a hestorectomy 14 years ago but they left my ovaries, I have been getting hot flushes, feeling dizzy, very unbalanced ,headaches, depressed, tearful and generally feel quite ill and feel like I'm not me any more. I had a blood test and my dr said my ovaries are no longer working and I'm in the menapause but the dr does not want me on hrt as they say it has risks. I feel like my life is over because of every thing going on with my body and my husband don't realize that what's happening is realy happening I think he thinks it's all in my mind. I'm so glad there are sites like this cause I also thought I was going mad. The only thing I have not heard mentioned on here is that I have a kind of weird feeling in the top of my cheek it's like some one is tickling with a feather does any one else experience this. I have decided to go back to drs tommorow and say I really need hrt ,so fingers crossed.
  • Posted

Hi Sharon -yes welcome to the club. I too felt like I couldn't stand living like this not long ago but trust me you sometimes feel better. Not always but sometimes there are chinks of light so hang on honey. My husband and son now understand that this mad woman they live with will eventually turn back into the person they once knew. My big problem is lack of understanding from friends who obviously sailed through it. They can't understand why I constantly cancel social engagements through tiredness or ill health despite me telling them what the problem is. That is why finding this site was wonderful & stopped me feeling like an absolute whimp!! Keep going and enjoy the good days - tolerate the bad ones and remember it can't last forever.

• Posted

Thank you Christine it's nice to know there are people out there who realy understand, in the past when people speak about going through the menapause I used to think what's all the fuss but now I know what it's like and it's so horrible. Still back to drs tommoz to try and get some hrt.and thanks for that advice.
  • Posted

I hope you get some HRT cos I hear it really helps but I can't take it because I've got cysts. Good luck and remember half the battle is knowing you are not alone. Anyone who has suffered throughout this awful phase knows what it's like. Let me know how it goes at docs.
  • Posted

Hi Christine went to drs today, they have not given me any hrt yet as I have to wait for my mamagram to be done on Thursday morning and depending on the results will decide on hrt then, fingers crossed. Not been to bad today on and off, how have you been today. I didn't realize that the menapause lasted as long as it does, I found out today it can last up to 2 years. Hope to speak soon
  • Posted

Hi Sharon

I hope your mamagram comes back fine and you can get some HRT As I said everyone who has it says it's wonderful. I'll keep everything crossed Hun. Glad today has been a good day- see they do happen just not as often as they once did but it does give you a little boost. I'm learning to listen to my body and just do what it allows me to do.I had a good day too. Went for a long walk with my friend, which, I haven't done in a while and the sun was shining so felt good. Now my body is aching but it was lush being out for a change.

Keep smiling honey and remember there are lots of us mad menopausal women out there who feel just as awful as you. I'm hear if you ever need a moan. Keep me informed & updated & take care.

• Posted

Btw did I tell you I'm trying some tablets recommend to me called Dim plus( how appropriate is that name) and they are really helping my aching bones( apart from when I do a 5 mile walk) you get them off Amazon & they are an estrogen supplement. Something to think about.
  • Posted

Thanks Christine I will let u know on Thursday how it goes, I'm glad u had a good day today, I guess we just have to take one day at a time x I'm also here if u need to talk also, take care speak soon x
  • Posted

Oh right that's a weird name how long have u been on these. Any thing is worth ago, thanks for that I will wait until Thursday and see what dr says first though. X
  • Posted

Hi Hun

Been out again today so sorry for the delayed response Yes out two days in a row which I haven't done in a long time. I think it could be that the sun is shining and I feel a bit more inclined to rise from either the bed or chair. I hope you have had a good day today.

I've been on Dim plus for two weeks now I honestly think they have made a difference. I had to have endometrial ablation 3 weeks ago (painful or what - give me childbirth any day but thank goodness I've done it) and a friend of mine recommended them after that. I cried constantly before I started as the pain in my joints was unbearable but now it's tolerable. Two vile symptoms eradicated in two weeks. I've definitely seen a difference but whether it lasts is another thing. Enjoying the break though.

Your time will come too- soon I hope. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Hun been for my mamagram today and all was good I'm clear, also been to drs and they gave me some hrt I have premique 0.3mg so low dose, so fingers crossed they work. How have u been last few days, good I hope. Speke soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.