help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have noticed over the last yearor so that I get anger, loose temper angry, for no reason. My heart beats really fast and I start to shake uncontrollably. I seem to have a lack of feeling for anything emotional. Like when my second son was born I didn't even shed a tear. I get angry at the slightest thing at times aswell. I am just wanting to know what could be the reason for this? It happened suddenly for no apparant reason and hasn't subsided.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest that you go to your doctor and possibly ask for counselling. You don't say anything about yourself other than you have two children. What do others say about you - particularly your wife or partner. How old are you? Not having feelings or emotions sounds like possible depression. If it is depression and assuming that it is not bipolar (manic depression) there must be some reason for it. This is something that you could discuss with a trained counsellor. You should normally be able to access one through your GP.
    • Posted

I will but I am afraid of the kind of cleache steriotype like I'll be locked up or something. Sorry about that, I find it hard to talk about myself. Well my ex-partner thinks I'm hopeless. I'm 27. I have battled heavily with depression in the bast. I use to self harm alot and attempted suicide 3 times. I should look into it but I have alot going on in my life at the moment but it is becoming more of a concern.
    • Posted

You will have "a lot more going on in your life" if you don't seek help and then if you end up in hospital. I would imagine that if this is your history that you are already receiving help or you are rejecting it. You must go along with the help that is already being given to you - or seek help immediately. You presumably are already known to the Mental Health services.
    • Posted

I can't say that isn't true. I was but I rejected it thinking I could cope. I meant past in the last reply I done sorry. I'm archaic in my view of what a man sould be but everyone needs help I guess. I am known to the Mental Health Service. I was recieving treatment for it but took myself off the medication thinking I was better. Thank you.
    • Posted

You might think that you are better but that is being better on the medication but you don't know what you will be like without. There might also be effects of coming off a medication suddenly. Well you obviously need help by talking to someone. Even the biggest of men cries and also can suffer from depression - indeed sometimes because they think that they shouldn't cry or show emotion. I think that you should go and speak to someone. You obviously recognise that things are not OK and therefore you should go and say to your GP that you need counselling - unless you have got a serious MH condition such as bipolar in which case you will need medication.
    • Posted

I think it is the effects of coming off the medication suddenly. It has helped speaking to you, thank you very much. It makes sence, I'm forever getting told a bigger man cries. I think I need medication reguardless because this is becoming more of an unhill batlle as time goes on. I will go and see my GP. Thank you Nick.
    • Posted

I will thanks. You too and thanks again for your help. Helped alot talking to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.